Siemens Smart Infrastructures is looking for a Mid to Senior Embedded Software Developer to join our Low Voltage Products organization in the Electronics R&D department in Norcross, GA. This person will work with a team of design engineers (hardware, software, mechanical and test) to improve legacy safety products and design new products in the field of power distribution and electrical safety protection in the department portfolio. This position will provide software engineering support from the concept phase to manufacturing of product.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
1. Write and review software design specifications for new product features.
2. Design and develop embedded devices with safety software to evaluate new technology and assess feasibility.
3. Design, implement, review and test embedded system software.
4. Develop software with a unit test driven methodology to ensure smooth integration cycles. Work with hardware team in hardware bring-up, test activities, debugging and support integrated validation efforts.
5. Follow innovative trends in software engineering technology in keeping software components in products up to date with state-of-art technologies.
6. Conduct and participate in peer reviews to ensure product quality.
7. Ensure software quality standards are maintained and help further a process driven environment.
Electronics R&D team needs and Embedded Software Developer with experience preferably an Electrical or Electronics and Computer Science Engineering background. This position requires the successful candidate to have a 5 - 8 years hands on experience in embedded hardware/software/firmware engineering and development. An advanced degree may be substituted for experience where applicable.
This position requires the successful candidate to be able of initiate new ideas and drive results in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary engineering design team. The individual responsibility revolves around, but is not limited to, the tasks of developing embedded software/firmware written in C/C++ language. Further the successful candidate is expected to complete software simulation, prototype verification, support factory pre-production prototypes build, support the completion of various certifications required for the product (UL,CSA etc.).
The position requires the ability to communicate the project status, test results to the development teams. Communicating the product performance to senior management is required occasionally. The position requires regular communication within the organization as well as external development partners.
1. Excellent understanding of SW development processes (Embedded and Applied)
2. Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Electronics and Computer Science Engineering or similar is required. Advanced degree (Master’s degree) is a plus.
3. Knowledge and Experience of development in C, C++. Experience with Java, Python is a plus.
4. 5 - 8 years of relevant hands-on experience in embedded software development and software architecture development.
5. Knowledge and Experience using MATLAB/SIMULINK and converting analytical results into efficient embedded software.
6. Experience working with multiple communication protocols (I2C, SPI, UART etc.). Also experience in embedded wireless communication product including but not limited to 2.4/5Ghz is a plus.
7. Experience working with industry standard programmers and debugging environments (JTAG etc.)
8. Experience working with real-time operating systems (RTOS) including processes, scheduling, threading and memory management.
9. Knowledge and experience of Safety Software certification (UL 1998 or similar) through external agencies like UL etc. is a plus.
10. Capability and willingness to travel (5-10%/year) domestically and internationally.
11. Candidate must have the ability to travel outside of the United States of America.
1. Knowledge of product requirements and design documentation tree is desired.
2. Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to communicate information effectively.
3. Ability to convey ideas and concepts to a wide range of audiences including, product management and engineers.
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment as part of a team.
5. Produce excellent results with minimal supervision, independently debug, optimize and able to test complex code base.
6. Strong analytic and decision-making skills.
7. Strong quality orientation and customer focus.
8. Understanding of SW development processes, including Agile and Scrum.
9. Familiarity with software-in-the-loop or hardware-in-the-loop testing processes and procedures. Experience implementing automated software testing is a plus.
10. Familiarity with software version control such as GIT, Rational ClearCase etc.
11. Knowledge of toll-gate product development processes, particularly Product Life Cycle Management (PLM).
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.