Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source - with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide
As a Lean Manufacturing & Logistic expert, you'll be responsible for developing, leading and implementing Manufacturing and Logistics optimization projects with a focus on lean management and digitalization, and thus systematically increasing the profit contribution and (process) efficiency. The goal is to optimize productivity, performance, throughput time and inventory across the end to end Supply chain. High-growth business fields and future technologies in electrification, automation and digitalization await you. Use this opportunity and take the next leap in your career:
What you'll do
- Assume overall responsibility for the success of your projects focusing on Manufacturing and Logistics optimization. You will apply our Siemens Performance System principles and tools to accomplish this
- Support your internal stakeholders to analyze value streams, processes and disruptions in Manufacturing and Distribution center and support targeted lean activities
- Identify and deploy ‘’new to world’ digital and automated technology solutions
- Train, lead Lean/ Kaizen events for site leaders including Shop floor management, standard work, problem solving, cell design, material flow, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), 5S and visual management
- Provide functional guidance and foster the individual development of each team member
- Successfully manage internal and external stakeholders
- Act as a thought leader and continuously develop our internal training offering in manufacturing and logistics optimization
What you'll need
- Strong performance as a project manager over a minimum of 2 years of industry and/or consulting experience and familiarity with production design/lean manufacturing or lean consulting with a cross-functional focus, based on operational experience
- Participation in internal and external global Lean and Digitalization communities
- Good knowledge of lean and production systems, lean administration, manufacturing and automation technologies, industrial engineering and quality management
- Best in class continuous improvement experience; e.g., Toyota Production System, Siemens Production System expert, Master Black Belt etc.
- SAP experience
- Expertise in developing, coaching and mentoring operational leaders
- Engineering or Operation Degree from a university or specialized college (bachelor’s degree minimum)
- As an experienced manager of project teams, you've completed implementation projects with quantifiable success
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Willingness to travel internationally (15%)
- Highly developed communication skills in English
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 183357
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.