Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source - with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide
As a Lean Production & Logistics expert, you'll be responsible for developing and implementing production and logistics optimization projects with a focus on lean management, and thus systematically increasing the profit contribution and (process) efficiency. The goal is to optimize productivity, performance, throughput time, OPEX and inventory. High-growth business fields and future technologies in electrification, automation and digitalization await you. Use this opportunity and take the next leap in your career:
What you'll do
- Assume overall responsibility for the success of your projects focusing on production and logistics optimization. You will apply our Siemens Performance System principles to accomplish this
- Support your internal clients analyze value streams, processes and disruptions in production and in the Warehouse and support targeted lean activities
- Train/lead lean workshops for site leaders including daily management, standard work, problem solving, 3P/Layout, cell design, material flow, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), 5S (Sort, Set In Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) and visual management
- Realize additional potential by introducing targeted digital/ automated solutions
- Provide functional guidance and foster the individual development of each team member
- Successfully manage internal and external stakeholders
- Act as a thought leader and continuously develop our intern training offering in production and logistics optimization
What you'll need
- Strong performance as a project manager over many years of industry and/or consulting experience and familiarity with production design/lean manufacturing or lean consulting with a cross-functional focus, based on operational experience
- Excellent knowledge of lean and production systems, lean administration, manufacturing and automation technologies, industrial engineering and quality management
- Best in class continuous improvement experience; e.g., Toyota Production System, Siemens Production System expert, Master Black Belt etc.
- SAP experience
- Deep expertise in developing, coaching and mentoring leaders at all levels (from Obeya room to shop floor)
- Bachelor Degree from a university or specialized college (Master's/graduate degree/PhD) preferred
- As an experienced manager of project teams, you've completed implementation projects with quantifiable success
- Experience working on intercultural projects and ideally extensive international work experience
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Highly developed communication skills in English
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
Job ID: 183357
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.