- To act as in-house, first point of contract for business units in respect of tax matters.
- To provide timely and proactive advice to internal customers and to act as liaison with external consultants and tax authorities.
- To ensure full corporate tax compliance (includes Direct and Indirect taxes).for Siemens Malaysia group of companies (submission of tax estimates, WHT compliance on monthly SFS and 3rd party vendor payment proposals, preparation of tax computation/income tax return, preparation of service tax returns, following up on tax refunds, assisting with obtaining tax clearance).
- To oversee monthly tax reporting in Sitax for Siemens Malaysia group of companies.
- To establish internal processes and procedures to manage exposure to tax risks and to provide timely alerts where tax risks arise.
- To provide support on Customs matters and co-ordinate matters directly with Customs authorities
- To prepare and act as liaison between external tax consultant and Corporate Function Tax HQ on transfer pricing documentation.
- To provide support to Corporate Human Resources (CHR) on personal tax matters on request.
- A sound Degree in Accountancy.
- At least 5 - 7 years experience in providing advice on tax matters.
- Experience working in Big 4 and large multinational company with diverse range of product is desirable.
- Strong knowledge in general tax and tax accounting.
- Strong analytical skills and able to understand complex business transactions.
- Able to identify potential tax risks and suggest possible solutions/ mitigating factors.
- Good command of English (both written and verbal)
- Professional certificate eg ACCA/ CPA is desirable.
- This is a 12 months Siemens contract role
Job ID: 183369
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time