From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
The Siemens Mobility division has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join our Siemens Mobility MRX team, based in our West Perth office.
Reporting to the Hardware Engineering Manager, you will be involved in every aspect of the project development lifecycle from feasibility to support and maintenance of all products.
Focus will primarily be on:
- Developing domain specific components.
- Testing domain specific components.
- Identifying and selecting components, materials, parts and semi-products appropriate for domain-specific system design.
- Creating domain-specific models and tolerance analyses to simulate domain-specific design concepts.
- Calculates and creates final layout including documentation and specification for parts, assemblies, or finished products.
- Maintaining technical product files.
- Analyzing existing development procedures and suggest improvements.
- Upgrading the design of existing devices by adding domain-specific elements.
- Analyzing localization requirements and designs/adapts products and solutions accordingly.
Skills & Experience:
We seek motivated, enthusiastic and details-oriented engineers with a desire to see their work featured in deployed systems.
- Minimum 5 - 10 years' experience in mechanical engineering
- a degree in a relevant field
- experience in design for production of equipment to withstand railway or mining operational environments
- experience with current manufacturing technologies
- experience with static and dynamic stress analysis
- experience in mechanical design for industrial environments, with 3D CAD software
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to self-start and deliver on time and on budget
- A problem solving mentality with the ability to "think outside of the box"
- Able to handle multiple projects at once
- freedom to undertake infrequent domestic & overseas travel of short durations
- Strong project team involvement and understanding of safety, quality, budget and schedule priorities and importance.
- Ability to mentor and lead Graduate Engineers
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a culturally diverse environment.
- Enterprise Requirements Planning software systems’ (e.g Oracle, SAP) familiarity.
- Experience working within a strict quality management system.
If you have the passion and determination to be involved in a team creating innovative and cost-effective solutions for international customers, and have the drive to see these solutions implemented and supported, this may present a unique full-time opportunity.
If you are passionate about EHS, have held a similar position and are looking for a new challenge and wanting to work with a dynamic team of high achievers in a forward thinking and rapidly expanding business where you can make a positive contribution, then this may present a unique opportunity.
Benefits & Culture – Including, but not limited to:
- Career, professional & personal development
- National & International opportunities
- Relaxed office culture
- Close to major public transport options
- Novated Leasing available
- Discounts on Goods & Services
Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd is an equal opportunity employer with zero tolerance for discrimination in the selection process
Job ID: 183382
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time