Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for a Service Operations Supervisor to lead and direct our Service Team in the Rochester Area. This first-line supervisory position is responsible for managing Service Mechanics, Field Specialists and Plant Operators as well as staffing needs.
- Provides technical support, expertise, leadership and accountability for service projects, service agreements, and/or T&M work.
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls all service work and service project activities for assigned projects and/or service accounts.
- Supervises employees to ensure schedules are maintained and service work exceeds our customer expectations, resulting from service agreement proposals, service project proposal and cost estimates.
- Ensures T&M work is completed in an effective and profitable fashion.
- Plans and justifies manpower, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of assigned service work.
- Utilizes provided service & financial tools to assists in monthly P&L forecasting.
- Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing service financial statements.
- Maintains and improves booked margins for service agreements.
- Directs and supervises the development of service agreement plans and the use of those plans in the monitoring and control of progress in the execution of the work.
- Reviews customer feedback and ensures service agreement retention and account growth goals are achieved including adds, extras, upgrades, escalations, and timely renewals.
- Develops manpower schedules and loading to ensure contract completion and labor leveling.
- Maintains timely communications and harmonious relationships between solutions, service, and sales so that project completion and turnover to service can be coordinated to customer disruptions, to maximize our profitability and to insure a smooth transition to a service agreement.
- Builds and maintains an effective service operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth.
- Conducts annual performance reviews
- Reviews Sales proposals for Service Contracts and Project proposals.
- Weekly timesheet review and approval.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred, however, candidates with a combination of education (a High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is a minimum requirement) and experience will also be considered.
- 5+ years of experience in the HVAC/Building Automation field strongly preferred.
- 2+ years experience supervising mechanics, technicians, and/or plant operators preferred.
- Demonstrates knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures for supervised work groups.
- Demonstrates understanding and application of supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management and disciplinary action.
- Demonstrates understanding of the Safety needs and regulations for a team that can work in a mechanical, electrical, confined space, or roof top environments.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an awesome career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Very good health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, and life insurance
- Extensive training, along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate. Come advance your career with Siemens!
Job ID: 183421
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.