Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting for an Electrification Design Manager (permanent role) to work for our Rail Electrification business in London Euston.
Working with the Engineering Manager, the Design Manager will support the growth of the Siemens Rail Electrification business in the South of the UK. This will include coordinating with the Engineering Manager on facilitating bids/tenders and executing projects which have Electrification Scope Elements. The Design Manager will ensure that designs are undertaken such that the project is best placed to deliver the construction programme into service within time and budget whilst exploring the opportunity to identify additional work opportunities.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Focus on individual and team development to expand the Electrification Practice through recruiting, hiring, training and mentoring traction power engineering staff as well as the completion of annual performance appraisals, career reviews and through the management of performance.
- Ensure that the technical and safety standards are maintained to all aspects of design work in order that successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
- Review standards and procedures and make recommendations for improvements and assess impacts to Siemens.
- Provide support and guidance to Project Managers and Project Engineers on projects and assess staff requirements at each stage of the project.
- Evaluate the quality and technical accuracy of tenders and make recommendations to obtain the best available commercial award for the business
- Generate quality and technically accurate bid responses, backed up by and efficient programme and costs.
- Provide periodic reports for Project Management regarding cost & programme
- Provide periodic reports to Siemens Senior Management Team regarding work tasks/activities and their subsequent progress.
- Act as Contract Engineering Manager and/or Contractors’ Responsible Engineer on allocated projects as directed. Past experience essential.
- Maintain and develop good relationships with customers, industry associations, suppliers and partners. Encourages and develops good engineering links at all levels.
What Qualifications and Experience should I have?
- BSc, BEng or MEng degree in Electrical Engineering
- Relevant experience in design & implementation for Electrification Projects
- Chartered Engineer status
- Member of the IET or other Recognised Professional Body
- Experience and knowledge of engineering process at all stages of the engineering lifecycle, such as Grip stages and/or QICC.
- Strong management, organisational and leadership experience and capability.
- Experience with establishing and managing high performing teams of people, aligned to business objectives.
- Experience with direct client interface and representing the business to external parties.
- Knowledge and experience with traction power installations, specific staff proficiencies, and current UK initiatives.
- Practical experience with the operational requirements of railway construction works.
- Flexible, innovative approach, able to evaluate and adapt alternative new technologies
- Strong leadership, motivational, and inter-personal skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent understanding of task, time and people management.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and build what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 183509
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time