Siemens Canada is building tomorrow’s talent. That’s
Ingenuity for life.
For more than 100 years in Canada, Siemens has been offering engaging and sustainable employment opportunities to those shaping our future. It’s our tradition to promote lifelong learning, develop talent and recognize success.
Siemens is proud to be one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2018
(eight times total), one of Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 (six times total)
and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2018 (two times total).
Approximately 4,300 employees across Canada work together to deliver solutions for sustainable energy, intelligent infrastructure, healthcare, and the future of manufacturing. We stand for engineering excellence, innovation, reliability and responsibility.
As a leading global healthcare company, we at Siemens Healthineers develop innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational, and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. As a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, and healthcare information technology, we have a keen understanding of the entire patient care continuum – from prevention and early detection to diagnosis and treatment.
For more than 100 years, Siemens Healthineers in Canada has stood for engineering expertise with a pioneering spirit in exploring and developing business opportunities to help healthcare providers achieve their goal of improving outcomes while reducing costs. From the Atlantic to Pacific oceans, more than 450 employees in Canada work together to deliver solutions for healthcare providers, resulting in 70% of medical decisions being influenced by the technologies we provide.
To improve the productivity and efficiency of laboratory operations in the public and private sectors and facilitate transitional and change management processes for sites converting to a Siemens solution by creating lean laboratory automation designs, transition management processes and implementation expertise, ensuring customer satisfaction and quality throughput the design, implementation and optimisation process.
- To effectively satisfy the customer's needs for the optimization of laboratory automation solutions and processes using Siemens -proprietary optimization tools and external analytical programs. Ensure any identified defects are followed up internally with the service and applications support teams and lead the team in completing the optimization of the solution using lean methodologies.
- Provide laboratory consultative services to current and potential customers to aid in the design of complex laboratory automation solutions.
- Work with project management to produce technical CAD drawings (focusing on automation design and services requirements - electrical, pneumatic, water, waste, etc.) for complete laboratory solutions, costings and implementation planning.
- Provide detailed transitional processes as part of the solution offering.
- Comply with all Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) policies, service escalation procedures and that all customer request.
- To maintain personal knowledge of safety instructions and operational procedures and participate in training courses including classroom attendance, 'self-learning', computer based and 'on the job' training.
- To ensure that all tools and test equipment issued to job holder are properly maintained, calibrated, Tested and Tagged and all company assets are always kept safe and secure. Inspect and check issued safety equipment on a monthly basis.
- Tertiary science, engineering or MLT qualifications with sales, consulting and technical backgrounds being preferred.
- Laboratory experience, experience in applying Lean (ideally in healthcare environment with formal training), change management methodologies and project management experience
- Experience leading a team relating to service or project implementation or process improvement in the laboratory or business environment
- Experience with the use of computer aided design (CAD) software (e.g. AutoCAD)
- Experience in data analytics, manipulation and processing either through use of spreadsheet or database applications or other analytical tools
- Customer communication and relationship development skills
- Drivers license required with ability to travel domestically and internationally
Job ID: 183528
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.