The Staff Controls Engineer position will be based at the Siemens Healthineers Mishawaka, IN location.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops technological concepts as input for system and solution development
- Monitors system performance in the prototyping, test and verification phase
- Supports the commissioning phase with the customers and analyzes potential malfunctions
- Identifies and defines technical requirements for realizing alternative applications
- Evaluates different build concepts, with respect to technological and commercial aspects, ensuring observance of specifications
- Creates and generates respective reports
- Creates new ways of approaching and fulfilling specific internal and external client requests or project requirements
- Integrates analysis, development, testing and implementation
- Interprets and functionally influences policy and guidelines in their area of business / technology and develop processes and systems to deliver functional objectives
- Typically plan own work according to targets agreed, quarterly up to an annual cycle, by integrating resources in a project driven environment
- Provide functional advice and guidance to colleagues and customers
- Leads and provides solid professional judgment and problem-solving competence
- Improves existing processes and approaches
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering with 8 to 10 years of experience in manufacturing environment
- Senior professional expertise, with extensive functional, commercial and/or technical knowledge in an area of competence
- Knowledge on understanding the Allen Bradley/Rockwell RSLogix 5000, Allen Bradley/Rockwell RSLogix 500, Allen Bradley/Rockwell RSLinx Classic. Siemens Simatic, WinCC07/08
- Hands-on experience on IP Addressing, Sub-netting, VLSM and ARP, RARP and Ping concepts
- Knowledge in different types of PLC’s and its ladder logic programming
- Experience in creating and modifying HMI and SCADA programming in Factory Talk View Studio
- Setup, Installation and qualification of robotic systems such as FANUC, ABB, Kuka , Omron
- Excellent at design standards electrical schematic diagrams
- RSLogix5000 & Studio 5000, AUTOCAD, Factory Talk View Studio, ZEN-SOFT01-V4, EPS, Power World, Visual Studio, Eclipse, CADENCE, Tetramax(Synopsys), Multisim, NC, Launch, MATLAB/Simulink, LTSpice, Xilinx
- Knowledge on Internetworking, OSI model, TCP/IP, network architecture, system security and firewall infrastructure
Job ID: 183531
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.