Interoperability Software Engineer (SISW-PLM)
Software Engineers in Siemens Industry Solutions group, work with world-class cutting-edge technology, to create and deliver high quality, robust and innovative solutions across Siemens PLM solutions portfolio.
It is preferable to have familiarity with one or more of the following: Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), EAI (Enterprise Application Integration), or other enterprise software with experience involving developing features or extensions.
Act under the guidance of SCRUM Masters and Product Owners to understand requirements and develop technical solutions. Conform to processes and communication protocols. Collaborate with other implementation developers and subject matter experts to contribute to an overall successful delivery of realized value to Siemens Customers.
Actively participate in knowledge-sharing and Communities of Practice, leveraging technical and industry best practices and templates to deliver project tasks, providing experiences to support continual improvement.
Software Engineers in Siemens Industry Solutions group, are primarily responsible for, but not necessarily limited to, the following duties:
- Understanding functional specifications, technical requirements or business justifications for a feature or enhancement.
- Developing Software using supported stakeholder requirements, using established best practices to deliver a high quality, reliable and performant software solutions.
- Create documentation for technical procedures, installation processes, and whitepapers
- Assist in the creation of system designs and functional specifications.
- Troubleshooting and helping resolve issues across the entire scope of the Solution: Object Model, Design, Web Portal, and all other Interfaces. Demonstrate capability with the platforms that govern these Solution aspects.
- Executing Testing activities, attaining familiarity with existing automated and manual test suite. Creating unit testing and ensuring that, as a team, each sprint completes with a potentially shippable product.
- Executing Data Migration and Data Conversion activities where required, gaining expertise with Siemens tools that support these activities.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Experience developing software solutions using programming languages (2+ years required) - C#,.NET knowledge required.
- Experience using one or more of the
following database programs (2+ years required).
- SQL Server or SQL Express
- Working knowledge of the following related
- Microsoft Software
- Microsoft Windows 8, 10, 2012, and 2016
- Microsoft Office
- Visual Studio 2015 or 2017
- Work Experience, Co-op, or Internship experience developing or implementing process solutions.
- Software development experience.
- Self- Motivated to learn, develop, deliver and excel.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, communicate obstacles in a timely manner and manage changing priorities.
- A results-oriented individual, capable of learning and contributing to a dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Experience in User Interface development and System Interface programming using the Microsoft Visual Studio IDE.
- Experience or familiarity with Windows Communication Foundation, XSLT, Object Oriented Design Experience, AngularJS, HTML5, Web Services (Restful, WCF) JSON.
- Experience or familiarity with automated testing.
- Experience or familiarity with machine integration.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (related technical or engineering field) or equivalent field experience.
Job ID: 183545
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.