The Siemens Mobility Manager of Business Excellence is responsible for driving process excellence throughout Siemens Mobility North America across all businesses with particular focus on Quality, Safety, Lean, Six Sigma, ISO and general operations. The individual in this role will establish and ensure world class process standards across the operational landscape and drive problem resolution around instances that are not aligned with established standards. In this critical position, you will collaborate with business unit leads, functional heads, and global experts in order to influence and effect continuous improvement and process standards. As the Head of Business Excellence, the professional will have the opportunity to implement functionally focused strategy and driving related policies and guidelines across Siemens Mobility with a balance between strategic and tactical considerations. This role can be officed in Sacramento California or New York.
- Drives alignment on strategy, guidelines and procedures related to Business Excellence for Siemens or the respective business.
- Analyses, develops, implements and adapts defined Business Excellence guidelines and procedures (e.g. regarding Benchmarking activities) for assigned area of responsibility, ensures proper communication and training.
- Leads project managers or teams of professionals.
- Plans and initiates benchmarking activities and (self-) assessments of organizational unit's operational performance.
- Defines and monitors appropriate KPIs and improvement targets together with management and functions.
- Sets up, coordinates and ensures implementation of comprehensive business improvement programs in line with overall business excellence strategy and targets for the assigned organizational unit.
- Defines program structure, required resources, responsibilities and targets for individual subprograms.
- Monitors program progress and ensures program reviews with management and communication to stakeholders.
- Ensures cross functional implementation of business excellence approaches, e.g., according to BE Toolbox methods and tools and drives best practice transfer and lessons learned.
- Leads project specific task force (s) directed at addressing specific problems or operational incidents/situations that are not aligned to established standards or expectations.
- Manages budgetary planning and allocation authority (according to given LoA), for department.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 10+ years of comprehensive (deep and broad) expertise in U.S. operations and safety laws and certifications
- Expertise in LEAN and Six Sigma methodologies
- Systematic use of know-how to solve complex problems is a must
- Demonstrable high professional judgment and competence
- Individual in role must be capable of changing existing ways and approaches where necessary and act as an innovative idea generator for new and practical solutions
- Ability of influencing peers and others to achieve impact on results in larger organization
- Well established in external and internal networks within field of expertise
- Proactively shares knowledge in a systematic way in larger organization to grow know-how base and supports a learning organization.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Rail transport experience
Job ID: 183555
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.