Siemens seeks a professional Service/ Commissioning Engineer to support periodic maintenance activities for Service Contracts, Warranty repairs and Commissioning Activities for FACTS and HVDC stations. Field activities will include automation, protection, control, communication, equipment testing and commissioning, and Customer reporting and interaction.
The work will happen at SVC, Series Capacitor, and HVDC stations throughout the United States. Extensive travel is required. 50 to 75 percent travel is required for the year.
The position does not require the candidate to be located in NC but recommended in St. Louis, Missouri area. The candidate may work from their home.
Commissioning and Servicing, SVC, HVDC, Synchronous Condenser, Series Capacitor:
• Low voltage AC circuits, auxiliary power transformers, battery chargers, lead acid batteries, DC distribution, thyristor cooling systems, IGBT switching, DC control and protection circuits, alarm systems, mechanical interlocking arrangements, operator work stations, gate way station, and interface terminals.
• Current transformers, voltage transformers, power transformers, capacitor banks, reactors, filter banks, surge arrestors, bus bar system, grounding system, disconnect and grounding switches, and current and differential protections.
• Support and input to protection and control engineers related to the enhancements of the protection and control applications, philosophies and design.
• Recommend alterations to development and design to improve quality of processes and or procedures.
• Participate as a team member to develop Service and Commissioning documentation, provide schedule guidance, and outage planning.
• Assist with coordination of test equipment when needed.
• Interface with the Customer as the Siemens representative at site, provide feedback to Sales and Marketing on Customer goals and objectives and maintain the Customer relationship.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Electrical Engineering or Technology Degree or Bachelor degree. Electrical Engineering degree is preferred
• Minimum of five years relevant SVC or HVDC engineering commissioning experience in electrical systems
• Ability to read and understand protection and electrical drawings
• Ability to communicate in English effectively
• Ability to document work performed, track progress, and administer warranty information as needed
• Ability to resolve complex problems and work within a team to resolve concerns that may affect more than a single station
• Ability to independently plan work schedule, task, perform self quality checks and follow procedures as written
• knowledge of protective relay concepts, practices and procedures
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Understand major electrical power and industrial system applications for FACST and HVDC devices
• Understand electrical protection, control systems, substation automation, SCADA systems
• Familiarity of design, integration, installation and testing of electrical control and protection systems or generation, transmission, and distribution
• Familiarity with SEL relays and protection devices
• Understand protection and control logic
• Must be a problem solver who can work in a team.
Job ID: 183561
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.