Mobility in the United States is in the middle of a technological revolution. Siemens Mobility Inc., Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is a partner to agencies and companies in their transformation combining existing infrastructure with forward-looking, application-driven technology that meets tomorrow’s needs today.
We at ITS help make cities smarter by providing a path to a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is more digital, connected, and integrated and deliver solutions in the areas of Central and Adaptive Control, Advanced Traffic Management, and Smart Lighting. Also providing Connected Vehicle solutions (V2I) and Mobility-as-a-Service – we are at the forefront of Smart Cities Mobility solutions.
In this exciting environment an opportunity is available for an experienced and motivated Contract Manager to join our team.
Siemens Mobility is seeking a Contract Manager to join and support a large infrastructure project in all legal matters in Miami, Florida. Successful candidates will have spent at least 5 years in progressively responsible positions with construction/contracts/commercial projects in a law firm or corporate environment. Ideal candidates will have knowledge of Florida infrastructure projects and are able to negotiate and manage contracts of all types, support procurement, supplier contracts, construction and design contracts, as well as licensing agreements. They must possess solid leadership, technical, organizational, and communication skills and have a proven track record.
Candidates are responsible for the operative and strategic management of contracts and project changes. They will provide legal advice and approvals where required during procurements and contract negotiations as well as throughout project execution and be able to draft claims, position papers, and other initiating legal documents. The ability to effectively explain the aforementioned topics to the business partners and drive potential issues to a consensus decision is of the essence when performing the role.
- Legal degree with relevant experience as contract manager for US infrastructure and governmental projects
- Alternatively, Master’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration with relevant work experience in the legal domain and as contract manager for US infrastructure and governmental projects
- Minimum of five (5) years in progressively responsible positions with construction/contracts/commercial transactions in a law firm or a corporate environment
- Consistent track record in commercial transactions and /or litigation.
- Excellent professional, legal written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills and experience
- Ability to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several assignments
- Specialized skills and proficiency with project/program controls software and web-based program management systems
- JD and admission/licensed to practice law in one or more states beneficial
- Analyze, evaluate and resolve diverse matters with government agencies, commercial customers, partners, supplier and subcontractors
- Participate in negotiations with clients, partners, suppliers and subcontractors, and prepare legally binding documents
- Identify and assess the primary contractual risks, opportunities and requirement and communicates them within the project team
- Cooperate with the project management to define the contract strategy
- Prepare contract concepts and defense strategies
- Prepare and execute project-related claim opportunities
- Consult with management and draft official correspondence towards the client and suppliers/subcontractors in a timely, clear and professional manner
- Develop risk mitigation and settlement strategies and negotiate and finalize settlement agreements where necessary
- Monitor contract conditions and events (duration, consequences, losses), deadlines, milestones and contract-related correspondence and act accordingly
- Identify claim possibilities and communicate them along with supporting arguments and documentation
- Undertake the task to justify and provide legal support on other issues that may constitute opportunities
- Defend against external claims from clients, partners, suppliers and subcontractors through the presentation of relevant exonerative facts and documentation
- Prepare, participate and post-process claim negotiations together with the project
- Develop project-specific procedures in own area of expertise and reviews other quality procedures that involve contractual issues
- Conduct legal research and writing; and provide ongoing legal support within territory
- Develop and provide legal/compliance training to the team, coach team members and work with corporate executives to ensure adherence to corporate policies and guidelines
- Control all claim-relevant issues and the data administration in the project with aim to control and report progress and events to relevant stakeholders
Job ID: 183674
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.