As a Mechanical Engineer for Technical Support you will be responsible for providing technical support for the Siemens product line reciprocating compressors and gas engines. This technical Support includes response to technical inquiries, development of repair standards, participation in industry conferences and roundtables, responding to field engineering issues and participation in technical training.
This role is primarily office based, supporting our on-call 24-7 for technical support, however 'out-of-normal-hours' support may be required to meet customer expectations. This role will be subject to continuous professional development from both academic and product related perspectives. Product development and more specific technical support training requirements will be assessed during on-boarding and an appropriate personal development plan created and delivered thereafter.
Your responsibilities include:
- Respond to all field technical questions concerning engineering for the Siemens product line reciprocating compressors and gas engines, installation, start-up operation, maintenance, testing and troubleshooting.
- Develop, maintain, revise and upgrade repair standards for the Siemens product line reciprocating compressors and gas engines.
- Participate in technical conferences and roundtables as a presenter or resource leader.
- Provide occasional on-site technical assistance.
- Act as an instructor in customer technical training program.
- Act as the technical resource in partnerships and strategic alliances with clients.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering or related concentration
- 3+ years of relevant experience in mechanical engineering
- Willingness to be on-call 24-7 for technical support
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering computational methods
- Knowledge of design procedures and test technology
- RCE products are used globally so an appreciation of Siemens international Customer base and their respective cultural diversity
- Required amount of travel 30%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience in the design, operation and maintenance of reciprocating gas compressors and engines
- Experience in failure analysis
- Knowledge of reciprocating gas compressor performance theory and calculations
- Experience in technical support or Field Service (compressors, gas compression, etc.)
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 183677
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.