Location: Nuremberg or any other location within Germany
Organization: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Department: New Markets
Type: Full time / permanent
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, DI drives the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With its Digital Enterprise portfolio, DI provides companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI’s unique portfolio supports customers to achieve greater productivity and flexibility. DI is constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate cutting-edge future technologies. Siemens Digital Industries has its global headquarters in Nuremberg, Ger-many, and has around 75,000 employees internationally.
Join our team as a “Product Manager (m/f/d) for NX Mechatronics Concept Designer (MCD) – SISW” ideally in Nuremberg or in one of our offices within Germany.
Your new area of responsibility - challenging and future-oriented
- Working as part of the NX Mechatronics Concept Designer (MCD) product management team to promote the sales and usage of this product and to define the best market path forward to increased commercial success.
- Define the strategic direction for MCD based input from customers and other Siemens divisions.
- This role requires the ability to work across different engineering domains eg mechanical, electrical and automation. Some knowledge of, and experience of working in these domain is desirable.
- Create collateral that gives users and prospects an understanding of our products and their usage as part of SPLM broader offering.
- This role relies on working closely with other Siemens groups to ensure that the overall value of Siemens offering is understood by the customer and prospect.
Your qualifications - solid and adequate
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering
- Solid experience in the practical application of Manufacturing or CAD technology. Ideally using Siemens NX product.
- Knowledge of Automation engineering
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills required.
- Negotiating skills to get disparate groups both inside and outside Siemens to agree on appropriate technical directions
- Knowledge of marketing principles and practices covering both strategy and tactics
- Capable of working in cross functional teams
- Ability to travel as needed (10-20%)
- Knowledge and skills in the following areas and products is highly desirable:
- Virtual Commissioning
- Experience of the use of Siemen’s MCD product to deliver virtual commissioning solutions
- Knowledge of the technology used is both software and hardware in the loop virtual commissioning
- Experience with Siemen’s PLCSIM Advanced and SIMIT products
- Machinery design and engineering experience
- Experience of using Siemens software products including Sizer, Scout, TIA Portal and TIA Selection tool.
- Experience of third part automation design tools including WinCC and Wittenstein Cymex
- Electrical Design
- Some appreciation of electrical design tools used in the machinery industry including EPLAN Electric P8
What more do I need to know?
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is a leading global provider of PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) software. Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software allows companies to manage the entire lifecycle of a product efficiently and cost-effectively, from ideation, design and manufacture, through service and disposal. Computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM),
computer-aided engineering (CAE), product data management (PDM) and digital manufacturing converge through PLM.
PLM is unique from other enterprise software solutions because it drives top-line revenue from re-peatable processes. By providing the application depth and breadth needed to digitally author, validate and manage the detailed product and process data, PLM supports continuous innovation.
At Siemens PLM we place a strong emphasis on ensuring that both women and men are equally rec-ognized for their accomplishments and able to develop professionally – including during periods of higher demands in their personal lives. To this end, we have implemented various measures over the last few years to ensure compatibility between family and career.
This includes providing competitive salaries, a team-oriented working environment with a flat organizational structure, exciting and challenging projects for renowned clients and interesting career prospects. In addition, we offer a multitude of developmental opportunities and the possibility of taking advantage of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
How do I apply?
We look forward to your application. Please note that only complete application packages (including letter of motivation, CV and certificates) can be taken into account.
Your contact person is Marc Lerch, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
In addition, you will find helpful information about careers at Siemens and have the possibility to set up an individual search agent who will automatically inform you about interesting vacancies.
Siemens supports the Program “Job – Jobs ohne Barrieren” initiated by the Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Siemens PLM Video
Job ID: 183685
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time