This position is a controls engineer position for the CMS Maintenance team in GP PGO PR CSM CSS MTC CSVC. This candidate will be required to work with the maintenance supervisors to support the troubleshooting of CNC machines and process equipment for escalated work orders. The candidate will also be responsible for projects that will require some level of systems integration or at least work with outside system integrators to complete projects. A high level of communication is expected to communicate turnover responsibilities and resolutions to the department and internal customers daily. The candidate who possesses high energy, great people skills, and takes the initiative for a proactive approach is desirable. This candidate must be able to train and teach the maintenance trades controls troubleshooting and system integration best practices. The position is located on site in Charlotte, NC and reports directly to the Facilities and Maintenance Manager.
- Troubleshooting control systems and PLC logic for machines and process equipment
- Lead team and work on assigned systems integration projects to enhance or modify capability of a CNC machines and process equipment
- Support weekend or nighttime shifts by telephone; occasional weekend call-in support
- Communicate daily and collaboratively across a complex and dynamic manufacturing environment to managers and team members
- Prepare/write specifications and purchase requisitions, and identify parts to replace or purchase
- Develop working relationships and solicitating new vendors to support the team with integrated work, troubleshooting, and requesting information
- Stay current on controls knowledge; train and share knowledge with the trades
- Take initiative to make recommendations new integration work required
- BS/BA in related discipline preferred but will consider years of experience for a candidate who can demonstrate their knowledge in the controls field (Min. H.S. diploma/GED)
- Minimum 10 years in trouble shooting Siemens Sinumerik brand controls and STEP7 PLC logic specifically for CNC machines
- Demonstrate the ability to lead team projects and troubleshooting activities
- Position requires knowledge of Microsoft Office for Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability to travel domestic and worldwide, up to 15%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Knowledge in the use of Siemens/Bentley Maintegrity, our site CMMS
- Basic understanding of machinery maintenance principles, particularly those in RCM2
- Exposure to large production equipment and basic understanding of machinery operation and maintenance requirements
- Attended (at some level) Siemens Sinumerik 840D and STEP 7 Training Classes
- Experience with Fanuc and Heidenhain control systems
Job ID: 183713
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.