Company: SISW - MG
Job Title: FPGA & Mil-Aero Product Manager 180613
Job Location: Multiple US locations
Job Category: Product Management
In the role of FPGA & Mil-Aero Solutions Manager, you will be part of a global marketing organization directly responsible for growing the functional verification business across the FPGA & Mil-Aero markets. Specifically, as the FPGA & Mil-Aero Solutions Manager, you will be the go-to person to expand our business across the functional verification product portfolio with solutions focused on:
1. FPGA market including customers building and verifying FPGA-based products as well as partnerships with FPGA vendors
2. Mil-Aero market including customers building and verifying FPGA, IC and SOCs for their larger system products
3. OEM opportunities for our verification products with FPGA vendors.
the FPGA & Mil-Aero Solutions Manager, you must understand the FPGA & Mil-Aero markets direction and uncover customer needs to shape the verification strategy across the division to better address these markets. You must possess the ability to translate these requirements into make, buy or partner decisions to deliver a higher-value, holistic solution that aligns with our FPGA vendor partners and customers. Even though there is no direct product responsibility in this role, you will contribute across the entire product life cycle from innovation and business analysis of new ideas to development of products and methodologies to better address the solution space and finally taking the solution to market and growing sales. You will develop and align the broader solution verification message and products across the portfolio within the division and across the company.
A strong desire and enthusiasm for working with customers, internal groups and other industry experts to continue expanding our solution in the quickly evolving market is a must. The candidate must be able to effectively communicate with all levels from engineers to executives to gather requirements and promote our solutions to customers. Experience selling both externally and internally is a plus. Driving collaboration is a must along with the ability to indirectly influence others within marketing, engineering and sales, across divisions, FPGA vendors and with 3rd party partners.
There is a lot of change with the direction of the FPGA market and the end customers. A successful candidate needs a solid understanding of the direction Xilinx, Intel and Microsemi are going, the impact that has on customers and EDA tools and the opportunities that presents. Previous experience doing FPGA design and verification is preferred but not necessary but they need an understanding of the challenges and evolving use-models associated with FPGA verification. Working knowledge of Mil-Aero customers is also desired to know how to effectively work within that industry.
- Business planning and strategy: Define and drive strategy for the FPGA market, Mil-Aero market and OEM opportunities in order to grow our functional verification business across those markets
Understand, document and prioritize FPGA requirements to drive make, buy, partner decisions
Create actionable business plans for the overall FPGA solution including development needs, revenue targets and strategies for dealing with competitive threats to maximize business for the product portfolio across the solution
Remain current on market direction and competitive information and adjust product plans and strategies as necessary to succeed in the highly competitive EDA marketplace
Stay up-to-date on the direction of the major FPGA vendors and work with them to drive an aligned strategy
Drive inbound requirements into product teams for product improvements and OEM opportunities that better suite the FPGA and Mil-Aero markets including defining high-level requirements, validating market needs and providing business justification for investment
Work with solutions teams to develop methodologies that better bring together existing technologies
Develop differentiated product positioning and messaging for our overall FPGA and Mil-Aero solutions
Communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and customers to support and uncover new opportunities
Development of marketing programs strategy and messaging to drive positioning of the overall FPGA solution that span the product portfolio and aligned across the entire company
Personal participation and enablement of others in industry trade shows, seminars, and web-based events to promote and educate the solution
Act as the primary point of contact for FPGA vendors to ensure efficient and consistent communication to the division and product teams
Be the go-to person for FPGA and Mil-Aero needs across the division and work with other SMEs across the company for broader alignment
- Eco-system and partnerships
Develop the FPGA and Mil-Aero eco-system and partnerships to expand our overall solution
Collaborate with FPGA vendors and leading edge customers to drive the future direction of our FPGA solution and products
- 10+ years of FPGA industry experience
- 10+ years working with Mil-Aero market
- Practical experience working with Xilinx, Intel and Microsemi FPGAs
- Strong knowledge of the FPGA landscape and market direction
- Knowledge of verification tools and methodologies including simulation, formal, emulation and FPGA prototyping
- Very strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate across all levels from engineering through upper management
- Proven success communicating and driving collaboration within the direct organization, between cross-functional teams and with partners
- Self-starter with the ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Willing to travel 25% of the time, including occasional international travel
- Must be a US citizen
- Prior EDA experience
- Prior Product Management or Solution Management experience
- Prior experience working at Xilinx, Intel (Altera) or Microsemi
- Professional experience with SOC, ASIC and FPGA design, verification and validation
- Professional experience working for a Mil-Aero company doing FPGA or IC verification
Job ID: 183757
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Corporation
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.