The manufacturing industry is facing a significant transformation process and we want to ensure the industry's success in the future. To do so, we need forward-thinkers who have an eye for the bigger picture; and clever minds looking for answers. Help us get the manufacturing industry ready for the future of automation and digitalization.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Solve the worlds most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Supervisor for our Repair Centre to join our growing team in Sarnia, Ontario. If you have a passion for delivering excellence in customer service, have professional communication skills, want to work in a highly motivated environment and thrive working and learning in a team environment then this could be the next step in your career.
This role will report to the Service Operations Manager and is a key component to the success of the Sarnia workshop. The role will be responsible for job scheduling, repair quality, customer communication, daily toolbox meetings, team engagement and ensuring that all workshop equipment is calibrated, tested and tagged. You will also be the initial escalation point for all team matters, and a point of contact for all technical queries.
Our success is underpinned by the sustainable value we bring to our customers and we do this through our products, services, solutions and our people.
What will you do?
· Demonstrated ability to successfully coordinate service operations, manage a team of skilled service technicians, manage costs, have a customer focus and be able to drive EH&S standards within the workshop
· Plan, organize and control workflow through all departments and create monthly production plans
· Participate in new employee hiring, orientation of employees and coordinate training for all employees within the department
· Ensure manufacturing procedures are followed and quality standards are met
· Ensure that all Company and health & safety rules are adhered to and be sensitive to environmental issues as they apply to the production floor
· Maintain acceptable levels in areas related to efficiency, manpower, on time delivery, rework, overtime and attendance
· Control departmental expenses within budget
· Share weekend overtime coverage equally with other supervisors
· Actively participate in the implementation of Lean Manufacturing principles
· Day shift supervisory position
What will you need to succeed?
· Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Operations Management or related discipline
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role in a manufacturing environment Experience with rotating equipment or repair experience is highly desirable.
· Familiarity with Manufacturing Procedures, Standard Drawings, Work Order Files, Production Floor Scheduling
· Must be a team player with good leadership and organizational skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees.
Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job ID: 183765
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Canada, ULC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.