At Siemens, we are on a constant search for bright and innovative minds to fill our ranks. We are currently looking for a Legal Counsel to join our Siemens Gas & Power business in Kuala Lumpur. If you are a fast learner, creative, able to work with multi-cultural and multi-discipline teams and willing to travel, please do apply.
What are my responsibilities?
• Advise and guide internal business partners on all legal aspects in project business during both acquisition and execution phase for Siemens’ Gas & Power business in Malaysia as well as in the Asia Pacific region in order to mitigate risk exposures to Siemens. Responsibilities will include:
o Advising on contractual questions and claims issues, including drafting, reviewing and negotiation of all legal documents and transactional support on key deals and projects
o Assisting the sales teams in preparation of commercial bids from a legal perspective and to support in the contractual structuring of projects and bids. This will include reviewing of tender documents, framework agreements, supply and services agreements and consortium agreements in close cooperation with sales team and commercial counterparts
o Managing project specific limits of authorization (a Siemens’ risk management tool) regarding release/approval of specific contract risks
o Managing disputes and claim management process including liaising with and supervising external lawyers
o Supporting the procurement department in respect of contractual aspects
o Working with relevant internal departments to review insurance and tax matters, bank bond and guarantees. letter of credits and export control issues
• Actively participate in the development of processes and policies relating to the Legal Department
• Conduct or facilitate in-house legal training as required by the business and other corporate departments.
• Undertake such duties as and when assigned by the General Counsel
What do I need to qualify for this position?
• Possess Degree in Law with at least 4 years PQE from a leading law firm or international company
• Proven industry specific legal/contract management know how
• Good analytical and drafting skills, organized and committed to deadlines
• Strong negotiation skills and experience, with keen ability to evaluate all contractual/claim implications with a focus on solutions and results
• Robust personality with high levels of energy and drive
• Self motivated, with an ability to work under pressure and to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic corporate environment.
• Adaptable and commercially minded team player with a collegial personality
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with high level of proficiency in verbal and written English
Job ID: 183796
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Gas and Power Sdn. Bhd.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time