Supply Chain Higher Apprenticeship – Siemens Healthineers - Sudbury
As one of the most innovative and influential players in medical devices, we offer ambitious students the chance to help shape the future of healthcare. Discover what you are capable of and join the Apprenticeship Programme at our Diagnostic Imaging business in Sudbury.
Over the course of your apprenticeship, you’ll gain skills through on the job and formal training at college. Over time, you’ll take on more responsibility and accountability as your skills, knowledge and expertise increases.
The Supply Chain Apprenticeship is a fantastic opportunity to learn and perform a range of functions within the planning and purchasing of materials. The role will support the manufacturing site and primarily provide exposure through rotation and assignments in: Operational and Strategic Purchasing, Production Planning, Forecasting and Logistics; whilst also offering interaction with Manufacturing, Quality and Finance Functions. The role will also provide exposure and on the job training in SAP, the site’s ERP system.
The candidate will complete a Level 4 Commercial Procurement and Supply (600/6858/9) Apprenticeship.
Your mission and responsibilities:
- Execute buying strategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materials for domestic and international purchases;
- Support the planning department by taking ownership of various reports and metrics to ensure optimised inventory and service levels are met;
- Manage the supply of materials required to manufacture instruments, reagents and spares ensuring maximum customer service whilst minimizing inventory and physical space utilization;
- Ensure SAP reflects the current planning and supply requirements by constantly reviewing and updating replenishment orders;
- Ensure accuracy and maintain all relevant material master data, including lead-times, lot sizes etc.
- Communicate proactively with stakeholders on significant changes in supply, ensuring actions are taken to minimize the operational impact;
- Working closely with Commodity Managers, assists in the development of sourcing strategies and to support existing and new product requirements;
Your qualification and experience:
- Minimum of five GCSEs at A*– C / 9 - 5 (or equivalent) including Maths and English
- A Levels or NVQ/BTEC or HND in a business-related subject
- An interest in business and the supply chain and purchasing functions
- Competent in Microsoft office applications (Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Outlook)
- Confident communicator
- · Ability to work effectively in teams
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly organised
- Leadership sskills
- Customer focused mind-set
What else do I need to know?
You’ll need to be available to begin this apprenticeship in September 2020.
Deadlines will close in February 2020, however we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
If you’re interested in finding out more, we’d like to invite you to an open afternoon at our Sudbury site on Wednesday 29th January 2020 at 4-6pm. It’s an opportunity to discuss the Apprenticeship Programme, meet members of the team you’ll be working with, and ask any questions about the application process. Both students and parents are welcome to attend. Further details on how to register will be announced shortly.
Job ID: 183840
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Manufacturing Ltd
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time