Supply Chain Higher Apprenticeship – Siemens Healthineers - Sudbury
As one of the most innovative and influential players in medical devices, we offer ambitious students the chance to help shape the future of healthcare. Discover what you are capable of and join the Apprenticeship Programme at our Diagnostic Imaging business in Sudbury.
Over the course of your apprenticeship, you’ll gain skills through on the job and formal training at college. Over time, you’ll take on more responsibility and accountability as your skills, knowledge and expertise increases.
The Supply Chain Apprenticeship is a fantastic opportunity to learn and perform a range of functions within the planning and purchasing of materials. The role will support the manufacturing site and primarily provide exposure through rotation and assignments in: Operational and Strategic Purchasing, Production Planning, Forecasting and Logistics; whilst also offering interaction with Manufacturing, Quality and Finance Functions. The role will also provide exposure and on the job training in SAP, the site’s ERP system.
The candidate will complete a Level 4 Commercial Procurement and Supply Apprenticeship.
Your mission and responsibilities:
- Execute buying strategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materials for domestic and international purchases;
- Support the planning department by taking ownership of various reports and metrics to ensure optimised inventory and service levels are met;
- Manage the supply of materials required to manufacture instruments, reagents and spares ensuring maximum customer service whilst minimizing inventory and physical space utilization;
- Ensure SAP reflects the current planning and supply requirements by constantly reviewing and updating replenishment orders;
- Ensure accuracy and maintain all relevant material master data, including lead-times, lot sizes etc.
- Communicate proactively with stakeholders on significant changes in supply, ensuring actions are taken to minimize the operational impact;
- Working closely with Commodity Managers, assists in the development of sourcing strategies and to support existing and new product requirements;
Your qualifications and experience:
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A customer focused mind-set and approach
- Strong analytical skills
- Enjoys collaborating and can work effectively in teams to find innovative solutions
- Be a confident communicator across all levels as well as take initiative for tasks
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
You must have:
- Minimum of five GCSEs at A*– C / 9 - 5 (or equivalent) including Maths and English
- A Levels or NVQ/BTEC or HNC in a business-related subject
- Competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
What else do I need to know?
If you’re curious to find out more, we’d like to invite you to an open afternoon at our Sudbury site on Thursday 13th February 2020 at 4-6pm. It’s an opportunity to discuss the Apprenticeship Programme, meet members of the team, and ask any questions about the application process. To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Sudbury Apprenticeships. Both students and parents are welcome to attend.
What’s the application process?
Once you’ve decided you’d like to apply for the role you’ll be taken through the following 3-stage process:
1. Online application – Please complete our online application and submit you CV, which will then be screened by our Talent Acquisition team.
2. Game-based assessment - This is an online assessment that assesses your behavioural traits and cognitive ability, to see if you align to our Siemens culture.
3. Assessment centre - If you're successful, you'll be invited to an assessment centre on the 11th March in Sudbury which will include a strengths-based interview and group exercise.
During the process, we're looking at your overall skills and personality so the best you can do is to simply be yourself. Remember, it's as much of an opportunity for you to get to know us, as well as allowing us to get to know you - it's very much a two-way process.
will close in early February 2020, however we encourage you to apply early to
Job ID: 183840
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Manufacturing Ltd
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time