This position works closely with the Operations Manager and Project Managers within Siemens Smart Infrastructure (building automation, fire systems, and security systems). The goal of the position is to allow project managers and supervisors to focus on job execution, while ensuring implementation of our core business processes. Coordinators also act as the HUB on all projects ensuring they move smoothly through all Project Milestones, keep a focused attention on document control, project close out, and act as the alternate point of contact for customers in order to help ensure overall customer satisfaction. Although the project manager is ultimately responsible for a company’s projects, the project coordinator is the one who makes sure all aspects of the project run smoothly and efficiently.
- Manage the new booking process, ensure booking package is complete. Support PM with directed duties pertaining to projects. Prepare customer training documents. Act as liaison between customers, PMs, specialists, sales executives, engineering and the finance and business administration staff. Track and process billing approvals, distribution, and vendor submissions. Collect and communicate required documentation to facilitate payment. Obtain transmittals and receipts for transfers.
- Create purchase requisition for subcontractors from finalized subcontractor price & scope. Set up subcontractor in BOM, assign network, network activity and delivery date. Monitor monthly claims to ensure operations manager approval, submit for processing. Verify specialist time sheet submissions for approval through month end. Assist with month end close for PMs. Ensure all jobs are reviewed and claims are processed in audit report. Review PM milestone sheets and update project milestones in SAP during month close. Monitor all closed jobs; ensure all are billed 100%. Run automated TECO process at the point of contact level. Partner with solutions to service turnover coordinator.
- Administer financial reporting for OMs and PMs including good receipts and monthly cost center comparison report
- Manage sales to ops and solutions to service turnover, schedule weekly meetings, prepare agenda for projects to be turned over, ensure appropriate approvals. Process claims, make adjustments in SAP, provide PMs with project documentation upon completion.
- Coordinate and attend operations meetings. Coordinate employee satisfaction events for the operations team. Manage each divisions travel / training costs. Project filing. Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Education:
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- 3+ years supporting a construction business.
- Demonstrates leading-edge or extensive knowledge in a specialty area and of tasks and responsibilities.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Education:
- Associate’s Degree
- Experience using SAP
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Job ID: 183890
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.