Siemens Industry is looking for a Senior Lab Technician - Electrical Testing for their Tucker, GA location. As a Lab Technician you will performs a variety of technical duties, including test set-up and performance, and the collection of test data. Troubleshoots test set-ups when necessary. Selects and operates test equipment/software as required by test requirements as directed per UL, CSA, and other certification bodies under the direction of lab team leader. Conducts the training of and/or directs personnel in related job function activities upon the request of management. Knowledgeable of National or International Standards (e.g., UL, CSA, IEC) when required by test requirements. Ensures the implementation of responsibilities relevant to the Test Facility as required by quality system documentation. Ensures the effective implementation of processes relevant to the position as required by applicable quality system documentation. The testing includes temperature, short circuit, mechanical endurance, electrical endurance, and environmental. You will report to the Laboratory Team Lead and you will have no direct reports.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
Are you ready for the challenge?
- Produce accurate and detailed testing documentation describing the performance of various electrical devices including circuit breakers, Connector lugs, controls devices, and distribution equipment.
- You will maintain safe and clean work environment.
- Other assignments as directed by Team Lead.
- Test equipment maintenance/upgrades.
- You will cross-train in other areas of the Power Lab with the expectation to learn quickly.
- You will be required to travel to outside labs and performed testing up to 25%.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. 2-year technical vocational degree. Electrical or Mechanical field preferred.
2. 3 to 5 years practical and specialized experience in the electrical or power distribution field. 3. Proficient in Microsoft Office skills.
4. PC skills, to include ability to learn new programs.
5. Ability to use oscilloscopes and multi-meters.
6. Must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. ISO 9001, 17025 documentation requirements.
2. Experience with circuit breakers and wiring from residential size (15A) through industrial size (up to 6000A). Testing of breakers and connector lugs.
3. Preferred 3-5 years’ experience in the electrical field.
4. Labview programming.
5. PLC programming Simatic and LOGO preferred.
6. Ability to multitask and work independently.
7. Experience using thermocouples.
8. Analytical thinking combined with conceptual and organizational abilities.
9. Team oriented personality who has the ability to work well by themselves or on a team in an international environment.
10. Proactive at executing daily tasks and achieving long-term goals.
11. Passionate commitment to the company vision.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Job ID: 183922
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.