Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems is seeking to hire a Services Account Manager for public construction, maintenance, and stand-alone service contracts related to intelligent traffic systems (ITS) and outdoor lighting. We are responsible for the customer relationship and handling complete projects, including the engineering, procurement, and operations team, as well as subcontractors. You will lead the final design, construction and successful implementation of the project.
You will be the main point for all external and internal parties who are involved with the project and in charge of delivering the project on time, in quality and within budget. This position works with the Operations Manager, located in Riverside, CA, but you will also be working with both internal (Sales, Project Coordinators, Commercial Service Managers) and external (Construction Supervisors, Distributors, Municipal Authorities) customers.
Role and responsibilities:
- Provides daily administrative and technical management of the project, oversees and supports sub project teams, not limited to the engineering and construction teams in project design and development including scope, subcontractor selection, cost estimation, installation, and project scheduling.
- Coordinates with vendors and subcontractors to assure competitive cost, best schedule and delivery for all project-related equipment, supply installations, and construction services.
- Manages internal production and external vendors and subcontractors to ensure quality control and project delivery on time and within budget, while meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Provides ongoing project status updates with all parties throughout design, ramp up, implementation and close out.
- Evaluates technologies and equipment; recommends most suitable for each application.
- Provides project reports, documentation, technical assistance, support, and collaboration.
- Manages project expenditures and job cost accounting processes: including accuracy, documentation, approvals, invoicing, payment reporting/accounts receivable, financial forecasting, and tracking/reporting.
- Ensures compliance with company, industry, trade, and jurisdictional safety standards, practices and codes.
- Fosters positive and effective team development and business relationships at all levels and project phases.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Coordination of all activities and appropriate and efficient handling and utilization of company resources
- Assistance with estimating, bidding and business development, including the analysis of resources required based on industry knowledge and past project performance metrics
- Identification and analysis of systems requirements and definition of project scope, requirements, and deliverables
- Tracking and reporting of team hours and expenses on a regular basis
- Managing internal and external project budgets
- Overseeing all aspects of the project including Profit and Loss and analyze project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and, utilization
- Compliance with the PM@Siemens Process and Guidelines
Industry experience, i.e. managing ITS projects and/or public construction projects, which involve electrical and mechanical, engineering and/or industrial power construction with focus on complex facility infrastructure construction, renovations, retrofits, upgrades, building controls and automation, energy services, and renewable technology is highly desirable.
- Master Electrician’s license or ability to obtain within 6 months is helpful, but not required
- PMI or PM@Siemens certification or ability to obtain within 6 months
- >3 years experience in project management, preferably in the ITS industry
- Experience using SAP for accounting and/or project management functions
- Ability to organize and perform a variety of tasks and meet stringent timelines
- Well-versed in project management concepts, practices, and procedures
- Knowledge of statistics and the development and tracking of metrics and project critical metrics
- Self-motivated and possess the ability to learn Siemens processes and applications independently and stay up to date on changes
- Ability to generate revenue by promoting client services
- Ability to create and manage project plans within MS Project and/or any other electronic applications as required.
- Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable
Strong communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
Proficient computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, etc.
Valid Drivers’ License in good standing, issued by resident state.
May be required to pass security clearance investigation.
Requires on-call response and travel up to 25%
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- Competitive 401k match.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 183961
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.