The Service Specialist performs technical service agreement tasks, and scheduled assignments to ensure that a customer’s building automation system is properly maintained and operating correctly. Reporting to the Service Operations Manager or Operations Supervisor, this role will be based out of our Bellevue, Washington branch and will support our customer base in the greater Seattle metropolitan area.
- Handles emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours.
- Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved and checks and tests systems components.
- Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action, and repairs system.
- Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to service agreement contracts.
- Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
- Identifies opportunities for system improvements, enhancements and upgrades to extend systems and improve building automation system performance.
- Prices, proposes, and proceeds with new work as per issued guidelines.
- Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation instructions.
- Supports the installation, start-up and commissioning of installed service projects through the execution of point-to-point system checkout, automation system programming, creation of building automation system graphics and sequence of operation verification during the commissioning process. May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required.
- Participates is final system turnover job walks from new construction to service to support the warranty phase for newly installed systems.
- Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
- Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information weekly.
- If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
- Works with other branch, company, or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem.
- Participates in job site final walk and / or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs.
- Conducts training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch.
- Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED; Associate's Degree in Electronics or other related field preferred.
- Experience with electrical or electro-mechanical installation or maintenance.
- Knowledge of automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building operations preferred.
- Working engineering and programming background preferred—particularly with PLC or BAS/DDC systems.
- Skilled in programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Job ID: 183974
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.