We develop networks that power and heat our cities intelligently. We build next-generation high speed trains, smart energy networks and support NASA in their explorations of outer space. We need people like you! Experience specialists and clever minds who like to get to the bottom of things. Help us tackle the most exciting challenges and put into practice what really matters. So, what are you waiting for? Take your career step with us.
In this dynamic role, you will coordinate the health and safety functions to efficiently support plant operations. You will display strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate others to take on ownership of the plants EH&S processes and programs. Additionally, you will maintain effective relationships with corporate management, plant management, employees, and regulatory personnel.
1. Assists in the development and implementation of corporate and plant EH&S programs.
2. Provides technical support to plant personnel on all EH&S matters.
3. Assists with plant requests, i.e., assistance in identifying safety equipment, federal, state and local regulations; procedure reviews and revisions or development; training material and/or instructor costs; review required documentation records for accuracy and filing of documents.
4. Assists in self-auditing of plant sites and follow-up of action items.
5. Tracks federal and state EH&S regulations.
6. Develops and implements EH&S policies.
7. Develops, reviews and revises, as necessary, all plant EH&S procedures for consistency.
8. Reviews site activities for liability assessment.
9. Manages the site security function.
10. Coordinates the safety training function at the plant.
11. Following all safety/environmental policies, procedures, rules, and participating in training. Promoting the company’s highest value, HS&E, through actions and conduct.
12. Following all company policies and expectations and behaving in a manner that promotes the Company’s values and positively effects morale.
13. Coaches site employees on safety, as needed, and counsels or issues discipline, as necessary.
14. Coordinates reporting of statistics or incidents to WorleyParsons corporate structure.
15. Serves as liaison for workers compensation claims.
16. Advises management team on safety issues, violations, provides input on employee evaluations, and makes recommendations.
We look for the following to be successful in this role:
1. Five to ten years’ experience (preferred) in safety specialist or supervisory role, ideally in a power or power-related business.
2. Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent experience in safety engineering, industrial safety or industrial hygiene.
3. Familiar with federal MSHA and OSHA statutes.
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills for effectively communicating inside the organization and with outside agencies. Ability to analyze technical and regulatory information, make sound judgments and provide prudent recommendations to all levels of the company. Strong team and leadership skills.
5. Advanced skill in operating Microsoft Word 6.0, PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft Project and other information transmission equipment, as well as comprehensive understanding of equipment capabilities and application procedures, is required.
6. Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
7. Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
8. Physical Requirements
Requirements Physical Demands
Sight Acuity Near Frequent
Sight Acuity Far Moderate
Sight Depth Acuity Moderate
Sight Color Acuity Moderate
Talking (Loud and/or Clear) Frequent
Heavy Lifting (>50 pounds) Minimal
Medium Lift (<50 pounds) Minimal
Ability to work at heights, in confined areas and to travel by air. Sufficient pulmonary function and facial seal to wear respirators, as required.
Incumbent may be required to work in conditions where hazardous material and /or toxic fumes could be present. Additionally, incumbent will be exposed to areas of high heat, loud noise, steam, combustible gases, rotating machinery and other conditions normally encounter in an operating generation facility.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years
Job ID: 183998
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.