ATS Repair, Overhaul & Asset Director
Orlando or Houston
Many processes at Siemens would not run as they should without our Support departments. Which is why we are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, or questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology. Around the world.
Are you ready to work in a startup like environment for a global powerhouse? Do you thrive in strategic roles? The Operations team at Siemens Power Generation Services is looking for a dynamic Repair Operations Director who will be responsible for leading the repair strategy and operations as well as asset management for a fleet of aero derivative turbines.
· Implements or administers repair & refurbishment policies, guidelines, programs and standards, in organization unit(s) assigned.
· Manages product line repair operations in conjunction with SDO business units and MROC network.
· Provide leadership for a global team with multiple interface points and that supports all global service regions.
· Contributes to unit's budget planning and completes related reporting.
· Responsible for locating, acquisition, maintaining, and logistics as it relates to gas turbines & power turbines used for lease & exchange.
· Analyzes workflow environment and deploys improvements.
· Prepares and contributes to contractual matters, with external parties (i.e. vendors, clients).
· Ensures effective cooperation with both, internal and external stakeholders; clarifies issues.
· Works closely with sales and marketing to develop competitive and customer focused offers.
· Responsible to define and establish a fleet repair strategy and supply chain.
· Lead and leverage full capabilities of existing repair network by supervising processes and qualification of product specific methodologies and develop a flexible external repair network to the extent required.
· Will work with repair global repair shops and external vendors to develop a sourcing plan.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Intimate knowledge of repair methods, procedures, tooling and labor requirements for LM aero derivative gas turbines.
· Bachelor of Science in an engineering discipline, industrial/manufacturing preferred
· 15+ years of experience
· Solid track record in leading and developing gas turbine related repair operations.
· Demonstrable experience in building a high performing and motivated team.
· Knowledge of repair shop methods and procedures on a broad portfolio of technologies.
· Proficiency with repair facility capability assessments and shop qualification processes.
· Familiar with both licensed and non-licensed Maintenance Repair Overhaul & Conversion facilities.
· Experience with aero-derivative hardware and repair procedures.
· Experience developing and implementing cost reduction and process optimization.
· Able to effectively function in a multicultural and diverse working environment
· Candidates must have an entrepreneurial mindset and be eager to build an organization and processes.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 184001
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.