Solution Development Engineer- BPS (ASEAN): The role offers a wide variety of interesting and challenging opportunities to the right candidate.
Overall responsibilities include:
• Value based solution development; help process oriented sales approach by creating value to customer with agreed energy performance and delivery requirement.
• Energy solutions including the retrofit, repair and modernization of a facilities infrastructure with focus on energy performance and efficiency.
• Development of comprehensive proposal that includes technical solutions, BOQ, costing, financial solutions, overall cost savings and payback/ROI calculations.
• Being an energy sales consultant, conducting presentation and contract negotiation for mid to large energy performance-based contracting.
Day-to-day Responsibilities & expectations:
• Experienced in developing GESP or large energy performance contracts (EPC).
• Leads and performs preliminary and detailed facility energy audits to qualify, identify and quantify opportunities;
• Leads and coordinates facility site visits and communicates requirements with internal resources and outside vendors on potential opportunities;
• Prepare proposals, BOQ, savings calculations and scopes of work.
• Leads in the development of energy calculations, reports and contract exhibits; assists in proposal development and technical review
• Monitors project performance and provides retro-commissioning and other energy services.
• Specifies, takes and/or supervises pre- and post- measurements, data logging, and trending of equipment/systems necessary to determine opportunities and verify performance and energy savings.
• Develops design concepts and other written documentation to sales, including accurate descriptions, savings potential, cost estimates and back up data to verify opportunities at site.
• Assist in preparation of project financial models including an understanding of Return on investment, life cycle cost analysis and internal rate of return.
• A subject matter expert on HVAC, Controls & Automation, Lighting, Power & Water distribution.
• Applies building energy simulation programs or MS Excel spreadsheet calculations to determine project energy and operational savings.
• Participates in client meetings and presentations.
• Performs utility bill analysis to determine applicable baseline consumption data and rates as well as identify possible utility supply side opportunities.
Qualifications & Experience:
• BS or higher in engineering or applicable technical degree.
• Certification: SCEM and Local certifications.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite programs, high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
• Experience with HVAC systems, building controls, lighting, building envelope, electrical, and domestic water system technologies / design.
• Experience with data logging equipment and trending capability of building automation systems trending functions.
• Experience with building modeling programs or spreadsheet energy analyses.
• Experience with standard ASHRAE energy calculations and IPMVP performance assurance methodologies.
• Knowledge of common HVAC and electrical building codes.
• Knowledge of facility and maintenance operations, capital planning, maintenance budgeting and maintenance best practices.
• Experience with the development of scope documentation, evaluation of subcontractor proposals, and risk identification and quantification for design/build projects
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly matrixed environment
• Good interpersonal and presentation skills
• Self-motivator, take initiative and work with limited direction
• Ability to influence at the operational level with data
• Travel across ASEAN up to 50%.