Quality Engineer - Oxford
A varied, interesting opportunity has arisen within Siemens Healthineers for an experienced Quality Engineer to provide support to our Supply Chain Management business area at our manufacturing site near Oxford.
This is a varied role encompassing quality auditing, supplier quality management, supply chain development, internal quality process support, and quality improvements and management.
- The Quality Department aims to ensure that the organisation is fit for purpose and that it meets both external and internal quality requirements, including product and company certifications, legal compliance and customer satisfaction.
- They ensure that all Quality Policies, Quality Regulations, and procedures are adhered to and that the business delivers the highest quality products to the customer, on time and without the need for returns.
Your mission and responsibilities:
Follow the audit schedule as set by the Quality Manager for Internal and Supplier audits
- Define the scope of said audits, considering issues, concerns from within the BU
- Provide feedback; agree actions / owners / timelines with the vision to drive continuous improvement
- Feedback through Quality meetings overdue corrective actions
Supplier Quality Management:
- Work as part of the cross functional team in reviewing PSRs and supplier performance
- Monitor and record Supplier 8D responses, close out and drive improvement
- Provide feedback and analysis on the Quality Performance score (KPI’s) for Suppliers on a monthly
- Provide support to drive continuous improvement
- Act as coordinator for all concessions and ensure the process is followed for the assigned BU
- Process all incoming concessions for related suppliers
- Ensure all concessions are complete and correct, with all necessary signatures
- Act as the final Quality signatory once training is complete, allowing the concession to be completed and the affected magnet to ship
- Act as coordinator to the CAPA process and ensure the process is followed (where required)
Quality Management System:
- Have input to and adhere to all quality relevant documentation within the Quality Management
- System, including the Quality Manual
- Ensure compliance to the Quality Management System
Final Inspection of Completed DHR for Archive:
- Ensure completeness of DHRs, including acceptance documents, for archive to ensure archive records are kept as per legal and mandatory requirements
- Sign off complete DHRs to ensure timely documentation management prior to magnet shipment
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Significant levels of proven experience within professional quality management role previously
- Experience within a Manufacturing / Engineering environment
- Experience in leading audits
- University Degree in Engineering
Desirable: IMECHE / CQI
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare.
An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory
diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work.
We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 184067
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens HC Ltd. MR Magnet Technology
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time