We bring together energy supply – from intelligent control across the grid, solutions from medium voltage substations and the point of consumption – with building technology – from climate control, to fire and security to distributed energy systems. Where they meet, at the point of connection, there are exciting growth markets where we ensure that energy is used effectively – in energy storage and prosumption, to electric vehicle infrastructure and microgrids.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Professional to join our Digital Grid team based in Bayswater. Your primary focus will to be provides technical knowledge in the Digital Grid solution services and advises both the sales organization and customers in capabilities and options how to use and integrate Siemens products effectively.
You will be responsible for:
- Visiting internal and external customers to develop business opportunities for the Digital Grid Business Unit
- Leveraging technical software solutions for Metering Systems, MicroGrids, Remote Monitoring, Remote Maintenance, etc.
- Detecting local market requirements and leverage technical solutions
- Writing solution specifications, value propositions and develop operational philosophies
- Understanding and clarifying customer requirements
- Creating market demand for our solution, including developing and presenting to customers and possible stakeholders our solutions, including financial aspects like ROI, CAPEx vs. OPEX, etc.
- Preparing and creating offers, including cost calculations, and define delivery concepts
- Support Business Unit organization in contract negotiations at all stages, with information and analyses
- Creates and executes go to market strategies
- Maintains CRM information and keeps status of all opportunities and accounts up to date
Experience you will bring:
- Selling SAAS (software as a service) & Managed Service Solutions
- IOT platforms, Big Data & Analytics
- 5+ years working in a Utility Industry
- Previously in a technical software sales or business development role
- Dealing with Transmission and Distribution companies & Retailers, including an active network of contacts (Advantage)
- Knowledge of Siemens Energy IP platform (Advantage)
- Working with Metering Applications & Operational Technologies (Advantage)
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Job ID: 184075
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time