Siemens Energy Management Division
As the trusted partner for the development and extension of an efficient and reliable power infrastructure, Energy Management offers utilities and the industry the portfolio they need. This includes facilities and systems for the low-voltage and distribution power grid level, smart grid and energy automation solutions, power supply for industrial plants, and high-voltage transmission systems. Represented in more than 90 countries, the Division has ca. 53,000 employees and more than 100 production sites worldwide.
Energy Management Digital Grid
The Digital Grid Business Unit is the leading global supplier of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. Electrical energy makes the world go round. No matter where power comes from or where it has to go, we make sure it makes it’s way – every step of the way!
Energy systems are changing dramatically and in the world of digitalization, automation, and electrification the Digital Grid portfolio has products, solutions, and services to meet the most demanding challenges.
We have major locations in Minneapolis, MN; Foster City, CA; Schenectady, NY; Houston, TX; Fairfax, VI, and Wendell, NC. The Digital Grid Headquarters are in Minneapolis. This position will be located in Wendell, NC.
Siemens Digital Grid – Ahead of the Challenge – Ahead of the Change!
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come expand your career in one of the best companies world-wide!
We seek a professional PMI certified Project Manager with a proven track record of managing external complex large scale Grid Control and Energy Market Management projects preferably in the utility/energy sector (Transmission and Distribution).
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to scope, deadline and budget. This includes directing resources in a matrixed organization and coordinating the efforts of team members in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives, participate in project planning during and after the sales cycle and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support the business goals and requirements in collaboration with account sales executives, senior management and stakeholders.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope to maximize success and minimize risk to the customer and the company
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements for the contracted scope of the project(s).
- Develop complete project plans and associated communications documents.
- Apply Siemens project process and management principles at all aspects of project scope and deliverables.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders. Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to
identify Successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- 10 + years of Project Management experience with large systems in the utility industry
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science, electrical engineer, or power systems engineer
- PMI certified
- Must be fluent in Spanish
- Project managers should have a background in business skills, management, budgeting and analysis
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, multi-tasking skills, Advanced time management and analytical skills
- Expertise in the energy/utility industry
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project.
- 25% travel is required
Job ID: 184122
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.