- The major objective of this internship is to provide support to the engineering department in Walpole. There is a particular need for help because of several large scale equipment validations that are being executed.
- The intern will report to the engineering manager but will be expected to work with and take direction from Senior level engineers
- This is an internship / co-op position
- Overall responsibility — The intern will support both sustaining engineering projects and machine design validations.
- In addition to supporting the Walpole engineering team, the position will provide a student with valuable engineering experience. It will also allow Siemens to evaluate a future engineering candidate.
- Specific job tasks and functions
- Drafting and 3D modeling of existing equipment.
- Drafting and 3D modeling of continuous improvement projects.
- Help executing validations.
- Measurement of parts.
- Required 2 to 3 years of college course work in mechanical, manufacturing, or process engineering
- Zero business travel
- Required knowledge, skills, or expertise
- Solidworks or other 3D modeling experience.
- Hands on experience in machine shop or working with equipment or machines is desirable.
- Knowledge in statistical process control a plus
- Opportunity to work within an engineering group that has hundreds of years of combined experience
- Experience in an FDA regulated environment.
- Easy access from I-95
- Onsite cafeteria and exercise room
Job ID: 184166
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.