We are the catalyst for the industrial world’s digital transformation. Siemens founded its IoT Services Unit on April 1st 2019, to provide end-to-end support to customers on their unique digital journey along the IoT value chain.
Siemens leveraged the existing expertise of a global network of more than 7,000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices to create a global IoT practice that offers services from consulting to design & prototyping to solutions & implementation and operation.
With these new combined forces, we aim to create a tangible impact on society by bringing state-of-the-art IoT use cases to life.
We need game changers like you, to bring the next level of smart manufacturing and infrastructure from mere concept to reality, develop tomorrow’s smart cities, and address the most critical digitalization challenges across a comprehensive range of industries.
Systems and DevOps Engineer - Understand the needs and challenges of deploying and managing applications and IOT platforms across operations and development, and act to execute based on these needs.
· Installation and configuration of environment operating systems and common open source and internal applications
· Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
· Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
· Collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security.
- Tier 2 support for development, production, and escalation
- Will be supporting production releases and patch management as well as migrations on weekend
· Setup/maintain user/group privileges in environments
· Is able to learn, maintain, and automate processes for existing applications
· Effectively collaborates and communicates with development and infrastructure teams
- 3+ years of experience of hands on proficiency with DevOps Engineer
- Cloud Provider (AWS, Azure, GPC etc.). Working knowledge of AWS including provisioning and configuration of common services such as EC2, VPC, Route53, S3
- Working knowledge of commercial virtualization and containerization platforms such as Vmware, Hyper-V, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience troubleshooting server related I/O, CPU, Memory, Disk performance issues
- Experience with Application servers, servlet containers, and web servers (Tomcat, Jboss)
- Understanding of networking technologies (sub-netting, routing, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Read/write basic shell scripts
- Usage of common tools such as ping, traceroute, tcpdump, netstat, etc to troubleshoot network problems
- Experience in RHEL, Windows server operating system environments
· Good written/verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic team environment successfully balancing tasks from multiple parties
- Customer Success Focus, Positive Attitude, Teamwork, Innovation, Productivity, Integrity.
- BA in Engineering or Computer Science
Job ID: 184172
Organization: Internet of Things
Company: Omnetric Corp.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.