Applications Engineer – Advanced, Discretization (SISW-PLM)
Siemens PLM Software is seeking a CAE (CFD/FEA) Application Engineer to work on the area of spatial discretization. Application Engineers liaise with Product Development groups and members of the Product Management team within Siemens PLM to develop requirements and prove technology for new software that will meet end-user expectations for a particular application area. The technology areas of interest to this role include geometry preparation, meshing, and motion with a focus on automation, performance and ease of use. The successful candidate will pioneer the use of the latest enhancements within Siemens PLM flagship product STAR-CCM+. Extensive previous experience of STAR-CCM+ operating in a sophisticated engineering environment is desired, preferably at a large company tackling complex geometric problems. The role reports to the Manager, Technology Application within Simulation and Test Services group of Siemens Digital Industries.
- Investigate and report on the suitability of our software to fulfil agreed use case scenarios, focused on the themes highlighted above, and covering a range of exemplar applications.
- Translate identified deficiencies and new requirements into needed features in support of development activities.
- Prove advanced features in development versions of the code in support of Development Leads.
- Awareness of competitive offerings to determine best in class approaches, and to benchmark our own code.
- Provide training and guidance to our technical Sales team and Product Management to assist them in their efforts to commercialize new developments.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- A postgraduate degree (PhD, MEng, MSc or equivalent) in an Engineering discipline or other closely related field,
- A strong background and interest in fluid dynamics, geometry discretization, and motion.
- Prior experience with STAR-CCM+ (3+ years).
- Basic programming and/or shell scripting skills.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team to meet project goals.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Critical thinking and attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills.
- Fluent English speaking, reading and writing.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Java programming skills.
- Experience in a linux environment.
- Experience with post processing tools like ParaView, VisIt, Ensight.
- Preferred location is Austin TX, but, Lebanon NH and Bellevue WA would also be possibilities.
Job ID: 184188
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.