Job Title: Sr. Applications Engineer – Analog / Mixed Signal -184208
Job Location: USA – CA – San Diego
Job Category: Application Engineering
The Application Engineer is a customer-facing position that helps drive Mentor Graphics analog/mixed-signal circuit simulation technologies into customers’ design and verification flows. This position combines technical depth in circuit simulation and applications knowledge (e.g., transceivers, RFIC, high-speed I/O, and signal conditioning), as well as solid communication skills and strong team building skills.
The Application Engineer manages multiple customer engagements concurrently and must be very effective at customer relationships. This customer interface is not only at the engineering level, but first or second level management, as well. The Application Engineer must align with Account Managers to meet or exceed quota, as they proactively manage customer accounts to success. This could include account planning and developing solutions to customer problems, ultimately resulting in revenue. Success involves working as a team with sales, marketing, and R&D organizations.
Sales and support responsibilities include assessing customer technical requirements, conducting product demonstrations, running evaluations, and driving product adoption.
The successful candidate must be able to travel to cover multiple accounts. As an Application Engineer for AMS,you work with account teams to drive adoption of Mentor Graphics AMS software. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- · Execute both pre-sale and post-sale technical support activities including assessment of how company products meet customer needs and the preparation of product specifications for development and installation of customized applications/solutions.
- · Illustrate the value Mentor Graphics brings to customers by assisting them in their evaluations of Mentor Graphics' Analog Mixed Signal family of software; developing and delivering software demonstrations and technical presentations; performing benchmark evaluations for customers.
- · Provide on-site support when issues arise with client’s use of Mentor Graphics Analog MixedSignal products.
- · Work closely with area sales management, account teams and customers to understand business opportunities.
- · Drive business for Mentor Graphics, using technical expertise and working directly with customers as a part of sales team at the appropriate management level to establish criteria for successful engagements.
- · Assist technical teams, including the factory, to establish value for Mentor Graphics products and differentiate from the competition.
- · Contribute towards the area technical sales plan with management and communicate frequently with peers and management on progress and account status.
- · Provide pre-sale technical support in sales presentations and product demonstrations.
- · Establish and maintain lines of communication with design engineering on issues such as considerations for product reliability.
- · Work with marketing and product managers to define new products and provide insight from the field back to these groups.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- · BS degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or related field is required. MS degree is preferred
- · 5+ years analog or mixed-signal design engineering experience
- · Broad understanding of Analog Design methodologies and flows including the different types of analysis solutions for analog design including Spice, Fast-Spice, Mixed Signal – Mixed-Mode analyses and flows
- · Proven ability to map simulator capabilitiesto application-specific requirements.
- · Track record of exceptional customer relationships Experience with IC schematic tools, such as Cadence® Virtuoso® Experience with analog simulators such as Spectre, HSPICE, Mentor Graphics® Eldo & AFS and mixed-signalcircuit simulation tools, such as Mentor Graphics® Questa ADMS™, Cadence® AMS Designer®
- · Working familiarity of Unix and Linux OS, and previous experience with scripting Strong oral, written communication, and presentation skills
- · Excellent organizational and time management skills
- · Exposure to sales and applications environment is a plus
- · Travel is required.
Job ID: 184208
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Corporation
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.