From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including ERTMS, CBTC, PTC, electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Intern to join our Engineering team in Port Melbourne starting immediately for a period of 12 months. We offer flexibility regarding full time or part time. This role will enable a student to gain practical experience within a corporate environment.
About the team:
- The P&O team has the development and life-cycle responsibility for a wide range of Electro-Mechanical systems and products sold into the railway. This ranges from non-integrity to safety related products.
- The P&O Engineering team are responsible for the development, modification and maintenance of Electro-Mechanical Products and Systems sold across the ANZ and ASEAN region.
- In alignment with the Siemens PLM process the team are accountable for stages gates L200-300 directly.
- The team also supports Procurement and Operations functions to ensure product components can be readily found with suppliers and the products can be manufactured, assembled and tested efficiently through the factory operations function, PLM gates 300-400
- Creating designs in 3D CAD software
- Generating engineering drawings, BOMs
- Developing prototypes & first articles
- Provide input and support to the PLM team to reach gate L150 and support decision making at L400 EOL (End of Life)
- Liaising with external suppliers
- Participating in change control and technical design reviews
- Supporting ancillary functions of validation and safety assurance
- Generating required technical documentation, test specifications, manuals, FEA(finite element analysis) reports, FMEA(failure mode effects analysis) reports
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual who is currently studying with a minimum credit average. You must display the personal characteristics of working well independently, as well as within a small team environment, and build sound working relationships. You have sound problem solving capabilities, and strong written and verbal communication skills to influence and collaborate with key stakeholders within the business.
All Siemens Internships are paid placements. To apply for this exciting opportunity please click on the link below. We will just process applications with Full Australian Work Rights for this role.
Job ID: 184236
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time