Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Pune, India
Department: Power and Gas (PG-DR)
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Engineering
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
To create engineering drawings, 3-D models, assemblies using NX 11.0 and GloBus Teamcenter 11 to support drawing conversion, revision of drawings for Steam Turbine/Compressor/Expander components & assemblies in compliance to Dresser-Rand A Siemens Business
To provide back-office engineering support for engineering, drafting and document control activities for different D-R/Siemens operations globally
- Create 3-D models and drawings of components / assemblies for D-R/Siemens Steam Turbines
- Convert old 2-D drawings to 3-D models using NX11
- Should conversant with steam turbine constructional details
- Hands on experience in 3D modeling and drawing for steampath components like bucket, wheel, diaphragm, shaft, rotor assembly
- Follow D-R engineering & drafting standard practices; Provide drawing updation and revision control
- Migrate original Metric revision drawings into NX as per latest drafting practices.
- Handle ad hoc projects as assigned by the Team Leader/Manager
- Handle in confidence the drawings and / or trade secret information of D-R products.
- Support productivity improvement and establish best practices for modeling and drafting activities within stipulated time-period;
- Recording and tracking of engineering hours utilized for various projects;
- Electronic transfer of drawings, documents and data with D-R Global Operations
- Preparing 3D Catalogue with Drawing Illustration and Bill of Materials
- Exposure to Oracle and/or SAP BoM will be added advantage
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 2 to 3 years of experience in steam turbine component design, 3D catalog creation for steam turbine or any other rotating equipment’s
- Working knowledge of NX11 & GloBus TC11; Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Hands on experience on Steam Turbine components like Turbine Casings, Rotor, Buckets, Steam Chests, Valves, Bearings will be preferred
- Candidate should possess excellent communication and presentation skills
- Expertise’s working in MS Office (Project, Excel & PowerPoint), Adobe PDF, SAP and Team Center to facilitate project execution.
- Strong soft personal skill i.e. team player, quick learner, ability to adapt quickly & effectively etc.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 184295
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand India Private Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time