Operations Intermediate Apprenticeship – Siemens Healthineers - Sudbury
As one of the most innovative and influential players in medical devices, we offer ambitious students the chance to help shape the future of healthcare. Discover what you are capable of and join the Apprenticeship Programme at our Diagnostic Imaging business in Sudbury.
Over the course of your apprenticeship, you’ll gain skills through on the job and formal training at college. Over time, you’ll take on more responsibility and accountability as your skills, knowledge and expertise increases.
Fantastic challenge for any student to enter the world of Siemens medical devices and understand the world of manufacturing in accordance to FDA regulations. This apprenticeship will allow the candidate to work with the Operations teams across all Siemens Sudbury facilities and have a good understanding of all aspects of the company departments.
The candidate will complete a Level 2 Science Manufacturing Process Operative apprenticeship.
Your mission and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Production manager you will be expected to understand and:
- Follow the sites Ergonomic, Health and Safety policy
- Demonstrate Lean/continuous improvement actions and participate in Kaizen events for the site delivering sustainable savings.
- Demonstrate Siemens Quality Policy and systems how to write CAPA’s and IR’s in the event of a non-conformance.
- Develop a brief understanding of key departments within Siemens and develop a broad range of essential skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrate how manufacture products
- Explain how products function
- How to complete low level repairs and failures
- Support the introduction of all new instruments, processes and equipment.
- Participate in Maintenance and calibration activities
- Demonstrate how to project manage a project to completion
- Demonstrate how to create new procedures for manufacturing processes or validation.
Your qualification and experience:
- Educated to A Level standard B grade and above or NVQ/BTEC or HND
- At least four GCSEs at A*– C / 9 - 5 (or equivalent). This must include Maths and English
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Manage own time effectively
- Competent in Microsoft office applications (Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Outlook)
- Have a strong interest in digitalisation
- Desire to develop skills in an engineering/maintenance/electronics discipline
You will have the ability to develop your business competences and functional knowledge including:
- Learn how to lead a meeting and develop project management skills
- Maintain quality awareness
- Understand how to correctly use tools for repairs
- Gain drawing knowledge and develop how to read and understand technical drawings
What else do I need to know?
Deadlines will close in February 2020, however we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
If you’re interested in finding out
more, we’d like to invite you to an open afternoon at our Sudbury site on Wednesday
29th January 2020 at 4-6pm. It’s an opportunity to discuss
the Apprenticeship Programme, meet members of the team
you’ll be working with, and ask any questions about the application process. Both
students and parents are
welcome to attend. Further details on how to register will be announced shortly.
Job ID: 184319
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Manufacturing Ltd
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time