"Are you ready to start your Industrial Service Engineering career and work for a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years?"
Siemens is in search of a Technical Support Engineer with direct experience in servicing integrated industrial solutions with Electric Machines, Power Electronics, Control Systems and Protection technologies across industries.
The engineer who takes this position will support customers directly and Siemens Field Service Engineers to troubleshoot, test, maintain, and/or commission solutions using Siemens power systems, drives, motors, and industry technology portfolio to satisfy industrial customer requirements. The engineer will coordinate with local engineering teams to recommend and deliver high quality technical solutions. When required the engineer will travel to a customer's site to solve problems directly.
A successful engineer will have a strong educational and industrial background with a major focus in power and energy systems and extensive hands-on experience. A passion for the field and drive to learn and tackle new challenges is an absolute must. The experienced level engineer must be able to develop customer relationships, be accurate and detailed while working in a fast paced environment with multiple people, calls and projects demanding attention and time. Candidate must also have the willingness to travel extensively in the US and work the hours needed to complete the tasks at hand.
• Provides Technical Support from requests in case management system
• Creation of Maintenance Procedures for Siemens scope for supply equipment
• Creation of faultfinding diagrams/documentation
• Creation of technical scope documentation
• Liaise with engineering teams on design changes and upgrade projects
• Manage Remote connection system to customer sites
• Perform Root Cause Analysis on system failures
• Support Sales and Spares Organization to define solutions
• Must be proficient in planning workload and specific tasks and be able to achieve completion dates.
• Interface directly to customers to answer questions and resolve issues.
• Mostly domestic with some international travel to other Siemens and customer facilities is required (up to approx. 30%).
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
• Education: BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• Must have >10years relevant industrial experience
• Power/Drive/Motor System Solution Design, Service or Commissioning Experience
• Must be familiar with applicable North American and international codes and standards and OSHA, safety and lock-out / tag-out procedures
• Strong organization and excellent time management skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong computer background - both productivity and industrial software
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
• Additional experience in the following areas preferred:
• Automation, SCADA programming experience
• Power systems Design (e.g. Power System Analysis, Power system protection, Grid analysis)
• Energy Storage working experience
• Marine, Drilling or Offshore production working experience
• Fiber working experience
• Experience with Siemens drives, Automation and Marine solutions
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Candidate must have valid driver license.
Job ID: 184349
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.