Siemens is seeking a System Engineer to join our Los Angeles team. This office-based position is responsible for the design of building automation systems that are sold by our sales group. This is a great opportunity to join a global engineering powerhouse with a strong local team in place to foster career development.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Selects the appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost-effective solution. Prepares and submits all required control submittals and schedules subsequent turnover to Project Management. Handles the ordering of all required products and equipment.
- Acts as a technical resource to the Siemens team and customers as needed. Participates in sales-to-operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout. May participate in initial job site walk-through with contractors and/or building management. Independently designs building automation systems for standard and/or critical environment facilities such as data centers or laboratories.
- May need to create unique design solutions to meet specific customer requirements. Designs building automation systems for large and/or complex buildings consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations, valve and damper schedules, and Direct Digital Control panel layouts to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications, and contract documents.
- Designs large complex building automation network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels, and third-party integration devices connected through LON, Ethernet, Siemens P2, or BACNET. Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications, and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
- Generates DDC point database on all projects. Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager and system specialist for use in commissioning and validation. Prepares engineering re-estimate and follows up with appropriate sales and management to assure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope.
- Prepares specifications and drawings for special components and panels purchased from outside suppliers. Selects proper types and sizes of company products and those from outside suppliers to meet project requirements. Prepares all information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to customer or general/subcontractor.
- Oversees the creation of system graphics. Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including all pertinent job-related information. Orders and tracks all required products and materials for timely delivery on the job site. May perform some field activities as required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: Academic or professional experience that will allow the hired professional to successfully design building automation systems for our customers.
- Required travel: 10%
- Other requirements:
- Must be organized and have excellent written and verbal skills in English.
- Must be able to design medium to large standard jobs with some deviation using standard tools, products, or practices.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- AutoCAD experience required.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree Mechanical, Electrical, or Electronic Engineering.
- Other preferences:
- Strong knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 184353
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.