Technical Training Specialist
If you have ever experienced the self-pride and heart-felt satisfaction when you provided knowledge or know-how to someone who has struggled to understand a concept and the lights finally come on - you are the person we are looking for! As a Siemens Plant Operations and Support Technical Trainer, you will have the opportunity to work with plant operators from around the world to give them the knowledge and know-how to operate Siemens power generation equipment.
• Participate in the development and presentation of site-specific customer operator training programs for gas turbine projects in open or combined cycle, large steam turbine, conventional coal power plants and coal-gasification projects.
• Participate in the development of site-specific Operating Procedures for gas turbine projects in open or combined cycle, large steam turbine, conventional coal power plants and coal-gasification projects.
• Participate in the development and presentation of simulator training programs for customer's personnel and internal personnel.
• Participate in the development and presentation of custom training programs for specific applications to meet the needs of the customer and internal personnel.
• Participate as advisor and mentor on operational issues for power plants.
• Ensure training programs are developed and executed to meet the needs of the customer while staying within time and budget requirements.
• Ability to conduct detailed research, collect and organize drawings and information to prepare training programs.
• Frequent travel to field assignments (international and domestic) of various duration.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience as instructor teaching technical curriculum
• Minimum of 6 years of experience in power plant operations and maintenance
• Strong mechanical, electrical and I&C knowledge associated with power plant equipment
• DCS Controls systems knowledge is preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills with focus on ability to understanding customer needs and meet them
• Fluent with speaking and writing in English (technically and conversationally)
• This position may require approximately 40% travel.
• Passport and ability to travel internationally required.
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 184358
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.