We are seeking a Software Engineer who will work at the Siemens Smart Infrastructure Digital Service Center. This person will contribute to customer-facing websites, internal analytic systems and internal websites.
- Design and implement elements of various websites, including real-time and historical data presented in tabular, graphical and animated forms.
- Design and implement algorithms for fault detection and diagnostics, and for the aggregation of voluminous data into meaningful facts.
- Participate in complex, multi-threaded software design, development, testing and documentation. Contribute to build and deployment systems. Work with devops team to speed and automate deployment.
- Work independently and innovate to solve new problems in data analytics, using both traditional statistics and machine learning methods.
- Constantly strive to follow best practices with integrity and enthusiasm.
- Communicate successfully with a wide spectrum of colleagues, from customers to testers to support technicians to building engineers to other software professionals.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience
- High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam required
- Minimum of five years of experience in Java and the J2EE platform, including the gamut of related technologies, such as Spring, Tomcat, Memcached, Kafka, JDBC and so on. Strong understanding of common design patterns in web applications, especially REST-based microservices. Good grasp of best practices in security for web-based applications.
- Strong understanding of SQL databases and queries.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience
- BS/BA in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience deploying to Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Experience with Cassandra.
- Experience with Agile development methodology.
- Experience with jQuery, Angular, and Highcharts.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with Groovy and other JVM-based languages.
Job ID: 184379
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.