Siemens Healthineers is fully committed to product quality and regulatory compliance and we are seeking a candidate who can inspire others and continue driving a robust quality culture across the Siemens Healthineers Ultrasound organization.
This leader will continuously pursue the improvement of product quality and reliability in both design and manufacturing. This role will have a direct impact on quality of life for our ultrasound customers and patients by ensuring our products and services meet or exceed the expectations of our customers.
The Sr. Director of Quality Engineering will direct the Ultrasound Business Area’s multi-site Quality Engineering organizations, reporting directly to the Global VP of Quality and Regulatory for the Ultrasound Business Area. This individual will lead multiple quality departments, with focus on design quality , software quality, and reliability.
An ideal candidate will have leadership experience in Quality Engineering and/or Software Engineering within the medical device or similar medical industry.
- Lead the QE team responsible for design control and new product development projects, including ultrasound systems, software, transducers, and ICE catheters (class II and class III devices).
- Responsible for the Reliability Engineering program with emphasis on software reliability.
- Lead the QE teams responsible for manufacturing support, including process optimization initiatives and non-conformance processes.
- Provide clarity to complex topics while remaining both flexible and compliant to internal and external requirements.
- Continuously build rapport and collaboration between QE teams and cross-functional partners. Exemplify global thinking, including promoting openness to learning from and leveraging others’ capabilities, best practice sharing capabilities, and building an environment of trust while driving the organization’s quality culture.
- Develop and coach QE team members to create increased motivation, improved technical expertise, drive accountability and ownership, and career growth and employee satisfaction.
- 15+ years in the medical device or similar medical industry.
- 5+ years of experience in leadership roles.
- Background in software quality or experience with software as medical device or medical devices that include software.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, life-sciences or related fields.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills, conflict resolution, assertiveness, negotiation and influence management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Job ID: 184391
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.