From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics postal automation and intelligent transport technologies.
Opportunity has arisen for a Performance Controlling Professional for our Finance and Controlling team in our Melbourne offices. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within one of the core business areas of Siemens Mobility and ideally has previous finance and performance controlling experiences. The candidate needs strength and discipline in analytical and structured thinking and attention to detail, combined with a problem-solving attitude, design and critical thinking skills as well as excellent ability to collaborate across our business. The mindset focused on continuous improvement with the finance and performance controlling area is key.
Working proactively, you will map and integrate data between various source systems and maintain it. Coming with the ability to manipulate and performing analysis, you will also be responsible for building and maintaining a range of KPI dashboards and reports and perform analysis. You will be involved in forecast and budgeting activities and should prepare and develop management reporting packages for finance and business operation related KPIs.
The Performance Controlling Professional also provides professional service and expertise in a broad, overarching area of financial matters and project management reporting area. The successful candidate ideally is experienced in setting up new business analytics tools while using data visualisation methods.
- Consolidate budgets, including top-down and bottom-up plans, and proceeds with revolving planning’s, and periodic forecasts during the year.
- Integrates data between various source systems and maintains it
- Monitors financial performance, performs actual-versus-plan comparisons, and pursues effects of agreed measures.
- Improves on business analytics and data visualization of defined KPI - provides regular business reports, with respect to overall performance (e.g. Dashboards for MO Management), and recommends actions to accountable management
- Performs KPI analysis regarding project management, trends, business performance, and designs and maintains regular reports to management. Analyses and evaluates cost structures.
- Develops data analytics and improves method of integration and maintenance of data from different sources (with SQL, PowerBI, etc.)
- Will perform and complete activities to improve controlling standards and processes, as well as project reporting
- Carries out ad-hoc analyses and data consolidation of various kind as required.
- Works closely with extended finance community and continuously enhance and improve reporting process and standard reports to achieve highest data quality and meet any given deadline (contribute to the (further) development of concepts and standards)
- Assist project related reporting and analysis
- At least 5 years’ experience in similar position in Financial Reporting & Analysis, Budget Planning and Ad-hoc Analysis ideally in a Multinational Corporate Controlling environment
- Highly proficient in MS office and high level of analytical and visualisation skills (Excel/Thinkcell/Tableau), with mindset of accuracy as well as continuous improvement
- Relevant experience with Data Integration and Analytics technologies, SQL and PowerBI
- Ability to gather, structure, consolidate and analyse large amounts of financial information and maintain an overarching divisional view
- Advanced working knowledge of SAP (FI/CO) and related reporting tools
- Self-motivated - can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; consistently pushes self and others for results
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries,
- Strength and discipline in structured thinking and attention to detail, combined with a problem-solving attitude and excellent ability to collaborate across our business
- Passionate about new data solutions, understand business requirements, design and drive them
- Business acumen and good communication skills,
- University Degree in business, economics, statistics, science or other quantitative fields…
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Job ID: 184433
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time