As the Lead LNG Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development, testing and installation of electrical equipment in an LNG plant.
- Design and execution of a safe, reliable and code compliant design of electrical systems supporting LNG liquefaction plants.
- Be the technical representative in the area of Electrical engineering and for power studies carried out by EPC contractor.
- Coordinate electrical engineering and design with other engineering disciplines, construction, client, vendors and partners. Conduct technical discussions with clients and vendors.
- Takes ownership of the project electrical scope which includes electrical one- lines, e-house design, motors, transformers, switchgear and other electrical bulks.
- Interprets and verifies industry standards, guidelines and codes for project deliverables.
- Participates in Hazardous area classification studies in coordination with Process safety personnel.
- Guide, support and participate in design reviews and constructability.
- Provides electrical engineering technical guidance and assurance for the project. Evaluate electrical system design, products and components for technical feasibility.
- Reviews and approves electrical engineering deliverables from the Siemens engineering centers.
- Works with the EPC Contractor during specification, tender, selection, purchase, installation & commissioning of electrical equipment. Support Procurement including Technical bid evaluations and vendor drawing review.
- Serves as a key contributor during HAZID, HAZOP, QRA studies.
- Provides facility start-up assistance as required.
- Provides support during construction to ensure site technical queries, non-conformances, concession requests are properly resolved.
- Evaluates requests for deviations or exemptions to the established specifications and project standards.
- Provides leadership in addressing electrical design issues with considerations of cost, schedule, and quality.
- Transfers technical knowledge to plant operations and engineering support staff.
- Monitor progress of the development of electrical equipment and instrumentation design deliverables and propose corrective actions in the event of potential schedule overrun.
- Undertake inspections of equipment at various stages of its manufacture and participate in factory acceptance tests, as required.
- Prepare technical and progress reports to support flow of key information to management to assist in decision making.
- Establish the process for applying criticality ratings to procured items (relative to the degree of inspection required).
- Develop pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures and provide support to construction, commissioning and startup.
- Assist with the development of operating manuals and ensure the manuals relating to electrical equipment and instrumentation are produced in a quality and timely manner.
- Ensure and perform effective scope and change management.
Requirements/Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
8-10 years of engineering experience
Knowledge of Electrical Engineering standards.
Strong communication skills, written and oral, supported by inter-personal skills that support working at a senior level.
Team player with a mindset to work with a global team and with diverse cultures.
Ability to challenge others in a constructive manner and negotiate with peers and partner representatives to influence decisions or ways of working.
Excellent written and presentation skills with ability to explain technical matters to staff not conversant with the detailed technical area.
Able to manage time effectively, both own time and that of a team to achieve delivery of work against agreed schedules.
Self-starter with a strong delivery focus and good problem solving and analytical skills
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 184591
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.