Master Production Scheduler
Role will report to the SCM Manager and is responsible for all activities associated with translation of product shipment forecast into factory capacity tools and input to production scheduling. The goal is to provide finite production planning and to optimize the alignment of component production through the plant.
- Analyze demand and supply at the item, customer, and master schedule levels, determine out-of-balance conditions, identify alternatives through internal staff facilitation, recommend actions for approval.
- Work with all departments to better understand competitive lead times for master scheduled items, seek ways to reduce internal lead times as well as lead times to the customer.
- Create a master schedule that can be used for detailed material/capacity planning as well as financial planning. Establish a working relationship with all company functions.
- Develop and maintain planning details, including Maintenance requirements, line layouts, machine options, staffing needs, die requirements, and raw/finished item catalog.
- Produce daily / weekly / monthly reports, including Daily Labor Sales, Production vs. Plan, Schedule Compliance Metric, and Capacity Utilization.
- Actively participates as a key Subject Matter Expert in Sales, Inventory, Operations Planning (SIOP), helping to set priorities when demand outstrips capacity.
- Provides Rough Cut Capacity Planning monthly, maintains and updates capacity data for all critical resources/work cells.
- Maintains scheduling parameters, such as lead times, lot sizes, and cycle times.
- Liaisons with Manufacturing Engineering, and Production to ensure appropriate labor, machine and scrap standards are used in master schedule.
- Optimize the flow of raw materials and Work in Process throughout the plant to minimize inventory levels, minimize transaction volumes and continuously improve efficiency in relation to production schedules
- Follow-up that schedules are being followed and communicate with planning
- Proactively identify, communicate and de-conflict scheduling issues
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. 3-5 years of successful experience in a directly related field.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Prior Lean business training and experience driving Lean business principles into process improvements.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Job ID: 184621
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.