Company: SISW - Mentor
Job Title: Software Development Engineer - 184626
Job Location: Canada - SK - Saskatoon
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
Mentor Graphics is a Siemens Group company (Digital Industries - DI entity), world leader in the global digitalization of companies. Mentor Graphics within DI Business Unit Software (DI/SW) is a world leader of Electronic Design Automation (EDA). The company develops and markets software products and hardware solutions (emulators) covering the entire design & verification flow.
Mentor Graphics counts among its customers the majority of the world's Top 50 in the fields of Semiconductors, Computing, Consumer, Automotive, Telecommunications and the Defense and Space sector.
At the Mentor Graphics (formerly Solido Design Automation, now part of Siemens DI/SW) Saskatoon site, we develop disruptively differentiated semiconductor chip design CAD software. Our products are used by most of the world’s top 40 semiconductor companies to design the next generation of chips. We differentiate from other products in our space through machine learning technology and creative algorithms, delivering huge accuracy, coverage, and speed advantages, and we do our product research in-house.
This position will be part of a new R&D team focused on circuit simulation. It is located in brand-new and state-of-the-art offices at Innovation Place in Saskatoon, SK, Canada.
As a member of a highly proficient, productive and motivated R&D team, developing industry’s leading circuit simulator, using cutting edge software development techniques, you will be offered:
- Technical challenges to solve toughest nanometer scale circuit verification problems for the leading semiconductor companies in the world.
- A motivating, stimulating and rewarding work environment
- Excellent training and growth opportunities throughout your career
- Attractive compensation and benefits
Analog FastSPICE™ (AFS) is world’s fastest nanometer accurate circuit verification platform used by over 150 semiconductor companies worldwide for their toughest circuit verification challenges while designing high-speed I/Os, PLLs, ADCs/DACs, CMOS image sensors, RFICs, and embedded memory. As a key member of AFS R&D team you will participate in developing efficient algorithms and implementing them using state of the art software engineering processes and development tools, with a strong emphasis on software quality; thus gaining industry level experience in solving tough computational complexity problems while participating in entire software development lifecycle.
- Work closely with other analog circuit simulator developers, architects and product engineers to enhance core circuit simulator accuracy, performance, capacity, and feature set
- Maintain and enhance compatibility with other simulators
- Profile and identify bottlenecks in performance of various analyses for very large circuits
- Debug difficult test-cases with accuracy, performance, capacity, or functional issues
Masters or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or relevant area
- 3 to 5 years of experience in developing software for engineering applications; preferably using numerical methods and sparse matrix techniques
- Solid background in object-oriented design and software engineering processes (C++/Linux)
- Proficiency in memory optimization, high-performance data structures and algorithms
- Advanced multithreading programming experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to work effectively within a worldwide development organization
- Fresh graduates at Bachelor level with relevant outstanding academic credentials are also encouraged to apply
Job ID: 184626
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Canada) ULC
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.