Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for a dynamic Account Executive to manage and grow our Greater NJ/NYC territory for our Mechanical Services Sales group. The primary responsibility of the Account Executive is to achieve booking and gross margin goals by developing and implementing plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities for assigned territories and vertical markets and effectively handle the most sophisticated deals independently within our established guidelines.
• Develops new business relationships with End-User Clients to position and create a business case to utilize Siemens Building Technologies Mechanical Services in their facilities. Possesses the skills to communicate the impact to the customer’s business objectives of utilizing Siemens for Mechanical Service Agreements and Service Projects for any and all HVAC equipment in their facilities. Typical End-User decision-makers contacted include VP of Operations, Directors of Facilities and Chief Engineers. Responsible to create new customer relationships as well as maintain/expand these relationships. Acts as a Trusted Advisor to customers across their enterprises. Vertical markets targeted include Industrial, Manufacturing and Commercial office space while working with the team members to drive opportunities.
• Work directly with building owners to reduce energy consumption, improve the indoor environment and extend the life of mechanical systems.
• Creates and implements strategic sales strategies to successfully position Siemens to secure targeted projects in a competitive environment.
• Effectively performs needs assessments, develops sales proposals, estimates, specifications and presentations. Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale.
• Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion. Ensures a smooth sales to operations turnover and monitors progress. Assists in resolving installation, collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed. Assists customers and potential customers with problems involving the use of company products and services and recommends suitable resolutions accordingly.
• Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking.
• Participates in civic and professional organizations to build a network of contacts to advance achievement of sales targets.
• Actively participates in sales department meetings, workshops and seminars. Keeps current on market business and product trends. Continues to pursue in-depth product and service knowledge and acquire deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
• Team sells with other Division partners when appropriate to bundle solutions and expand Siemens participation in opportunities. Other solutions typically bundled include Building Automation Systems, Fire Alarm Systems, Security Systems, and Low & Medium Voltage products.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or a similar field, although a combination of education (HS Diploma a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered.
• 5+ years of directly related HVAC Service Sales/Mechanical Service experience within the named markets preferred.
• Requires technical and financial expertise to effectively and independently estimate and sell Siemens Building Technologies solutions and service product lines.
• Related professional certifications preferred.
• Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid Driver’s License in good standing, and must meet eligibility requirements to participate in the required Siemens Vehicle Plan.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Job ID: 184634
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.