Believe there is more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to college or university for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain a degree whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens.
Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
Siemens Rail Automation has an extensive portfolio of technology leading products which have provided solutions for many different types of railway systems across the world. From densely used metros to high speed networks; we are looking for an apprentice to support the Training & Development Department in the day to day running, administration and coordination.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a 2 year apprenticeship where you will be put onto the Learning and Development Practitioner standard and earn your qualification in Learning and Development. We are looking for GCSE students or A-Level Students and the level of the apprenticeship will be determined by the successful candidate.
Here is how the programme works:
Year 1: The likelihood is that you will spend some of your first year in college studying towards your Learning and Development Practitioner qualification and we will begin integrating you into the Siemens community through work placements that support your learning and training journey
Year 2: Here you will continue with college where required and you will begin taking on more responsibility in supporting the delivery of the learning needs to our business and its customers.
Here is what you can make a difference in:
- Supporting The Capability team in all administration, including diary management, logistical and resources planning
- General administration duties including: invoice coding, issuing certificates, updating registers and issuing course registration sheets and evaluation questionnaires
- Updating the Training/HR database to set up courses and plan attendance, including the issuing of joining instructions and delegate information and preparation of course materials (equipment, manuals, questionnaires, delegate register)
- Ensuring that equipment and consumables are available for training courses taking place
- Institute for Railway Signalling Engineers Processing
- Truck Licences
- Any other duties in line with business need
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions as well as being assertive
- Excellent administration and time management skills
- You have a customer focused approach and are able to maintain confidentiality
- You are able to communicate on all levels as well as take initiative for tasks
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however its also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
You will have achieved or be on track to achieve at least 5 GCSE's grade 4 or above including maths and english language for level 3 apprenticeship or 3 A Levels (or BTEC equivalent) at grade C or above for level 4.
The benefits of an apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college/school whilst earning a salary of £12,500 (level 3) or £16,000 (level 4) at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of training and development. Think this is you? Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 184637
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time