Canada is building tomorrow’s talent. That’s Ingenuity for life.
For more than 100 years in Canada, Siemens has been offering engaging and sustainable employment opportunities to those shaping our future. It’s our tradition to promote lifelong learning, develop talent and recognize success.
Siemens is proud to be one of
Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2018 (eight times total), one of Canada’s Greenest
Employers 2018 (six times total) and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young
People 2018 (two times total).
Approximately 4,300 employees across Canada work together to deliver solutions for sustainable energy, intelligent infrastructure, healthcare, and the future of manufacturing. We stand for engineering excellence, innovation, reliability and responsibility.
As a leading global healthcare company, we at Siemens Healthineers develop innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational, and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. As a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, and healthcare information technology, we have a keen understanding of the entire patient care continuum – from prevention and early detection to diagnosis and treatment.
For more than 100 years, Siemens Healthineers in Canada has stood for engineering expertise with a pioneering spirit in exploring and developing business opportunities to help healthcare providers achieve their goal of improving outcomes while reducing costs. From the Atlantic to Pacific oceans, more than 450 employees in Canada work together to deliver solutions for healthcare providers, resulting in 70% of medical decisions being influenced by the technologies we provide.
As the Business Manager for the Point of Care Business Area you will report directly into the Business Head for Point of Care.
- Drives and champions all aspects of managed product lines
- Responsible for the annual planning of revenue, unit sales, financial targets and market transparency (i.e. MTA) and quarterly review of achievement against market, revenue, unit sales and financial targets (i.e. MBR). Presents outcome to Business Areas for alignment.
- Utilizes 3rd party market data analysis to drive business objectives
- Forecasts instruments, reagents and service
- First line of approval in deal escalations
- Develops and implements product line marketing plan to achieve portfolio sales and profit targets.
- Launches new (and sunsets old) instruments and assays
- Develops sales force tools and programs to drive key marketing initiatives which may include key messaging and branding, pricing models, testimonials, proven outcomes and other tools
- Sets, maintains and updates product line pricing lists on a regular basis
- Utilizes innovative and creative ways to increase revenues
- Maintain product and market knowledge to ensure successful strategies and supporting tactics
- Works to identify new markets and growth opportunities beyond traditional POC markets
- Leads national distribution efforts to maximize market share through effective us of 3rd party sales channels
- Develops/optimizes tools and programs to drive key marketing initiatives for partners which may include key messaging and branding, pricing models, testimonials, proven outcomes and other tools.
- Aligns local sales & marketing organization with partner/distributor as required for joint tender responses and/or joint offerings
- Develop Business reviews channel partner/distributor performance in accordance with established target agreement
- Develops and implements partner/distributor strategies to achieve portfolio sales and profit targets.
- Identify and develop partners and distributors
- Work with the Near Patient Testing sales force to provide sales support for products sold through 3rd party channels, including any sales needs like marketing resources, training needs, and customer inquiries
- Provides direction to, motivates and works closely with the sales team and support groups on a consistent basis.
- Works closely with Laboratory Diagnostics Marketing Director to drive holistic “Siemens Diagnostics” approach
- Is the key contact on all matters pertaining to their portfolio (including forecasting, escalations, etc.) and must work with sales, commercial operations and other departments to ensure all strategic imperatives are met for responsible product lines
- Works as part of North American POC Management team - collaborates closely with US and global counterparts to ensure a standardized approach to the business where possible
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar degree relevant to Siemens business of medical technology
- Extensive experience (> 10 yrs) in the medical Diagnostics industry
- Extensive marketing experience (> 5yrs) in the diagnostics industry is a definite asset
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of business and strategic marketing
- History and experience developing and implementing successful Go-To-Market models
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with strong organizational skills. This team player must be flexible, enthusiastic and possess an energetic personality. The ability to balance a process-driven approach while generating innovative ideas is imperative
- Financial Acumen and understanding of finance concepts
- Strong background in a customer focused environment. Point-Of-Care background an asset.
- Strong analytical skills to deal with complex business issues
- Effective time management and conflict resolution skills since the job requirements encompass interaction with a large number of inside and outside customers
- Highly competent in computer applications
- English and French (oral and written) is required
- Travel approx 50%
Job ID: 184640
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.