Materials Program Manager
The Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock Division is a global leader in the production of light rail vehicles, electric and diesel locomotives, and passenger coaches. It is an Engineer-to-order fast paced, complex environment. The Materials Program Manager is the primary interface between tactical procurement and production. This is a hands-on position that requires significant presence on the shop floor, as well as interaction with multiple stakeholders including manufacturing managers, project managers, production controllers, buyer/planners and strategic sourcing specialists. Data analysis, problem-solving and attention to detail are critical skills for this role. This position is a part Operations and directly reports to the Director of Planning, Production Support and Supplier order Management.
Ensure On-Time Material Availability for Production
• Provide daily updates to Production Management to ensure visibility of current & future material issues
• Analyze system need dates, supplier commitments and current production status to identify critical material issues
• Consistently work on Demand & Supply to proactively identify gaps and work with planner buyers and Strategic procurement to eliminate the gaps
• Escalate critical material shortages immediately upon identification and own the efforts to resolve and continue to escalate
• Work proactively with Project Managers & Engineering to identify unreleased parts and evaluate the impact to production; If need be escalate to management
• Attend Engineering Procurement meetings
• Work with PPM on FAI parts and escalate on a timely basis the impact on project timeliness
• Implement solutions to overcome current & future Material Shortages Coordinate and optimize Delivery schedules with critical Suppliers
• Work with Production Managers to understand Critical Production schedules
• Manage and support the activities of assigned Production Controllers
• Support planning & coordination of new Projects, New components and Engineering Changes and assess the impact to Production Schedules
• Work with Engineering & Program Management to develop roadmaps for the phase-out of obsolete parts and phase-in of new product materials
• Challenge and influence Demand Planning & Strategic sourcing teams to improve, Identify &
• Coordinate with Quality Management, MRB & Production to avoid impact due to non-conforming materials
• Escalate and work with Project Management team of material impact on project time line
• Track KPI’s and generate Reports, Charts & Presentations for OM Performance
• Foster Strong Partnerships and Collaborate with all Stakeholders. Concentrate on improvements and constructive feedback
Required Knowledge / Skills, Education, and Experience
• Associate degree in related discipline or equivalent experience.
• Excellent working knowledge or MRP/ERP systems (SAP preferred).
• Significant work experience in procurement or supply chain
• Experience in an engineer-to-order, project environment
• Able to read drawings and understand BOM structures.
• Experience in demand planning
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
• Proven experience in data mining, analysis, and reporting.
• Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and commitment to high quality work.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 184641
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.