Advanced Software Engineer – Post Processing Framework (SISW-PLM)
Siemens Simulation and Test Services (STS) is seeking an Advanced Software Engineer to join the Simcenter STAR-CCM+ Post Analysis Framework team.
Simcenter STAR-CCM+ is used by thousands of engineers around the world in multiple industries to simulate aerodynamics, heat transfer, reacting flows, particle dynamics, and solid stress. The Post Processing Framework team develops the software infrastructure for efficient, accurate analysis and visualization of this simulation data.
Day-to-day development involves knowledge of one or more of the following areas:
- Computational geometry: discrete geometry processing (sorting, intersections, derived quantities such as area, normal, etc.), coordinate transformations
- Numerical analysis: numerical interpolation, differentiation, and integration, FEA, FVM, higher-order shape functions
- Computer Science: performance optimization, memory optimization, file serialization and backward compatibility, advanced data structures and algorithms, user interface, and object-oriented software design.
- Parallel Programming: MPI, multithreading, data parallelism, high performance computing (HPC).
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- B.S. or M.S. in Physics, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or Engineering discipline.
- 5 years of experience developing in C/C++ on medium to large size development teams in industry or research.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate within a large distributed development organization.
- Ability to independently understand complex problems and devise efficient, robust solutions on multiple platforms (Windows and Linux).
- Working knowledge of computational geometry, numerical analysis, parallel programming, and software engineering.
- Willingness to travel a few weeks per year.
- Preferred location is Bellevue WA, but Austin TX and Lebanon NH would also work.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Ph.D. in Physics, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or Engineering discipline.
- 10 years of experience developing in C/C++ on a medium to large size development team on commercial engineering simulation software.
- Deep knowledge of one or more of the above mentioned areas.
- Working knowledge of engineering simulation.
- Familiarity with FEA or FVM.
Job ID: 184664
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.